• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Count Barlow

Zombie
May 17, 2015
NJ
So after I posted some of my Necrarch vampire conversions, I decided go with what a couple people said and make a plog to show my Undead Collection.

Please tell me what you think.

So to kick off this plog I want to show my latest conversion and paint job.

(You can click this link if you'd like to vote on it: http://www.coolminiornot.com/380611?browseid=12236534 )
I spent a lot of time on this model and I think it makes a nice centerpiece, especially since I'm running a "Mannfred vs Arkhan" narrative campaign with one of my good friends.
I always thought Mannfred was kind of like a Necrarch mixed with a Von Carstein, which is pretty cool.

Here he is in his bloody glory.
Count Mannfred Von Carstein:
image.jpg

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Count Barlow That's an awesome Mnnfred conversion and yes, he blends well with your current army and totally has a Necrarch feel to him in terms of facial appearance.

Nice paint job and good work with the gore, it looks cool without going over the top.

Count Barlow

Zombie
May 17, 2015
NJ
Thanks farmer. It's been a while, this is a couple pictures of most of my skeleton horde I took before a game with my friend.
image.jpg image.jpg

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I agree with @Farmer7574 - he's really dominating the scene while still sitting on a meagre 20mm base :thumbsup: Nice red on his armor, BTW.

Also, I really like this one wheel on a stick being used as a small filler - it reminds me of a breaking wheel. That's quite grim and makes for a very strong effect in my opinion. If only spare wheels weren't so tough to come by ;)

Count Barlow

Zombie
May 17, 2015
NJ
Thanks everyone. Here's my latest piece, and probably my personal favorite (although I think I might be alone on that one lol)

Here he is, the real center piece of the army: NAGASH! Tell me what you think.
image.jpg

I wanted to give him a darker and more grim color scheme, as apprised to the original one. Sort of a "End Times" scheme on an old model.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I like the color the color scheme, simple as it is - work very well for an undead lich ;) I am not a big fan of his glossy robe though - with Mannfred's lacquered armor it looks very nice, here not so much - but it's only my humble opinion ;) Definitely good for you for going against the trend though xD And he's really quite grim, good job there.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Count Barlow Nice take on ol' clown face, it was surprising to see an old Nagash.

I'm with Borgnine, the glossy look doesn't bode well with things that aren't generally glossy. The colours are nice though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu