• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forgottenlor

Ghoul
Jun 23, 2008
Vienna
[/quote]Rolling terrain:

Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +4" :

3 + 4 = 7

7 pieces. Rolling types:

Rolling "2d6" 7 times

1: 1 + 5 = 6
2: 5 + 2 = 7
3: 2 + 5 = 7
4: 2 + 1 = 3
5: 1 + 2 = 3
6: 6 + 5 = 11
7: 2 + 3 = 5

sum: 42, average: 6.00
1 normal building
2 mysterious forests
2 sanctuaries or order
1 mysterious swamp
1 hill.

Rolling for the sacntuaries:
Rolling "1d6" 2 times

1: 1
2: 5

sum: 6, average: 3.00

1 grail chapel and 1 elven waystone.

and the hill:

Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

also normal.

Terrain piece location (squares 1-24)

Result of the throw of dice "7d24" :

8 + 1 + 19 + 11 + 20 + 15 + 7 = 65

forgottenlor

Ghoul
Jun 23, 2008
Vienna
ai54.tinypic.com_2wq4lz8.jpg

On the left are the two forests and the hill, right next to the bottom forest is the waystone. The normal house (2 stories?) is right of the hill. The swamp is in the middle left, the grail chapel at the far right.

Is the map ok with you?

forgottenlor

Ghoul
Jun 23, 2008
Vienna
Ok some other questions.

Would you like to play open or closed lists?
Would you like to use a dice log or not?

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm looking forward to the game.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Map is fine. Hopefully I'll learn to use it properly! xD

Open lists I think. So many Dark Elf surprises I could pull it just wouldn't be fair. Will work on my list.

House two stories why not, I'm not gonna go in. :slapface: And don't know what a dice log is, but surely we can roll like this?

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Just use the integrated dice roller.

I repsonded to your PM request on how the dice roller works. If you guys have any problems, let me know.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Here's my list. Not sure how competitive it will be. We'll see I suppose!

Dreadlord [General]
- Giant Blade
- Pendant of Khaeleth
- Heavy Armour
- Shield
- Sea Dragon Cloak
- Cold One

Supreme Sorceress
- Extra magic level (Level 4 total) Lore of Shadow
- Talisman of Preservation
- Sacrificial Dagger
Spells:
- Melkoth's Mystifying Miasma (Sig)
- The Enfeebling Foe (2)
- Pit of Shades (5)
- Okkam's Mindrazor (6)

Master
- Heavy Armour
- Shield
- Sea Dragon Cloak
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Hydra Banner

15 Warriors

35 Warriors
- Full Command
- Shields

30 Corsairs
- Full Command
- Sea Serpent Banner

9 Cold One Knights
- Full Command
- Standard of Hag Graef

War Hydra

War Hydra

Assassin
- Manbane
- Rune of Khaine

Assassin
- Manbane
- Rune of Khaine

2498pts

I'll roll for spells now to save time later, and update my list accordingly.

Rolling for four spells for Supreme Sorceress in the Lore of Shadow.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Swapping spell 4 for the signature spell, so that's:

- Melkoth's Mystifying Miasma (Sig)
- The Enfeebling Foe (2)
- Pit of Shades (5)
- Okkam's Mindrazor (6)

That really couldn't have gone better. xD

EDIT: Ah, I'm not sure how I can deploy my Assassins. They are hidden until I reveal them, so I'll PM Bishop before we start telling him where they are to keep things fair, but how will Batchron understand the unit suddenly spawning inside another unit? Any ideas? *pokes Bishop*

forgottenlor

Ghoul
Jun 23, 2008
Vienna
Here is my list. I wanted to try out the new much maligned banner of the hidden dead.

Priest, lvl 3, horse. Talisman of Preservation. Earthing Staff.
*Incantation of Smiting
*Incantation of Vengeance
*Incantation of Dessication

King, Chariot, Sword of Bloodshed, Armour of Fortune, Dragon curse stone, shield.

Herald, Chariot, LA, Shield, Banner of the Hidden Dead, Chariot

3 stalkers

3 stalkers

6 chariots, full command, Banner of the Eternal Flame

3 chariots , musican.

9 horsemen light armour, champ, musician

4 carrion

3 necrolith Knights, ETBS,

3 necrolith knights, ETBS, musician

32 skeletons. banner, musician. buried by banner.

forgottenlor

Ghoul
Jun 23, 2008
Vienna
Finally got it! The Incantations of Vengence and Dessication, and I'll pick the Incantation of Smiting with my doubles.

I don't have much time till Thursday, so I've gone ahead and tried to attach the terrain file using the rules in the site guide. I've never uploaded it this way before (I've always used an extrenal server) so I hope I did it correctly.

If you've got time before Thurday, Darvy, and want to create your army template please do so, otherwise I'll send you the file with my template ASAP

Attachments

• carpenochtum.html
    6.2 KB · Views: 4

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Oops sorry Bishop. Points removed.

Your army seems deceptively small, forgottenlor. All those 6s and 4s make the units seem too easy to deal with... are a lot of those core choices? I know little about the new TK book, so maybe they are. Just making sure you got 25% core minimum! (I myself forgot this in my first draft of my list... and I wondered why I had so many Executioners *facepalm*)

EDIT: Erm... forgive me, forgottenlor, what do I do with this file? xD

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Forgottenlor - If you choose EXPORT GAME FILE from the menu. You can then upload a BC file (instead of using the attachment option). This wil import the file with the log and the map like in the other BC threads.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Well, one Hydra just feels so... incomplete. Plus at 2500pts I need something super-scary to combat all those possible Necrosphixen etc.

But with Okkam's Mindrazor (the reason I took shadow) and two big hordes, both chucking out lots of attacks, it should be fun. Plus the Sacrificial Dagger and Power of Darkness should fuel my magic phases well, and Pit of Shades is always nice! At least I didn't take Malekith or something. I was tempted, but he costs more than half a thousand points on foot. And Assassins... man I once took four in a 1500pts game. It was horrific. :tongue:

I'll try and make the army template thingy then. Do we want to deploy all at once to save time, sorta 40k style? I think we'd both go insane deploying one after the other over batchron. xD

EDIT: Template done, but how in hell's name do I do a War Hydra... it comes with two beastmasters, but they have different base size. Well, I think we should just ignore them until combat, as you can't single them out by shooting or combat anyway. Sound fair to you, forgottenlor?

forgottenlor

Ghoul
Jun 23, 2008
Vienna
Darvy- The chariots, horsemen, and skeletons are all core. I just checked and that comes to 33.9% of the army. I'm running a very fast army with little infantry, so it may seem small. We'll see how it does. If you want to know about any of the units, pm me and I'd be happy to tell you how they work. That with the Hydras sounds fair.

Bishop-I exported the file just as you said. Where is the upload function?

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
How do you attatch units, Bishop? o.o And I still don't know what I'm going to do about my assassins. xD

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
foggotenlor - You have to use the (full) NEW REPLY in order to get the upload function.. it's at the bottom.

Darvy - I think that you can only attach models to units when you deploy them. There's an attach function in the properties box on the left side, when you select a unit.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Ok, cheers Bishop.

Oh, I tried to just start a random game so I could get used to the deployment mechanics, but I can't seem to get the template into the list... whenever I click on army templates it asks me to exit the map! Am I doing something wrong?

forgottenlor

Ghoul
Jun 23, 2008
Vienna
Darvy, go to the Games Menu, then go to deployment. Now you should be able to deploy your units. As Bishop said, you can click during deployment (or during the game) on a character model, and go to properties-unit (should be on the lower left sidebar) then check the attached box. Now a bar should pop up to the right, which becomes a pull down menu where you can select which unit the character is attached to.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Ah ok, but we still need your map put up on here. xD

Do you mind if we do a standard VP 12" deployment mission? I would greatly appreciate that as not only am I new to Batchron but haven't played fantasy (let alone Dark Elves!) in quite a while.

forgottenlor

Ghoul
Jun 23, 2008
Vienna
So apparently I'm to stupid to find the upload function. At the bottom is the thread review, and above that the attachments, and above that the dice roller, above that the post options and the thread subscription, and above that the message text. What am I missing?

I'm fine with the classical open battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu