• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Coven Throne result 1-2 and failed fear check.

In this situation their WS is reduced to 0. Does this mean that they are unable to hit back at all?

If I remember correctly a model with WS 0 is hit automatically, but couldn't see anything about them being able to hit back?

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
Will be hit automatic and cannot hit back I believe it is

arbogast

Grave Guard
Melle said:
Will be hit automatic and cannot hit back I believe it is
Almost.

1. Beginning of combat round, Fear check failed (WS1)
2. Before the enemy makes their attacks, Coven Throne check results in 1-2 (-1 WS)
3. = WS 0. (automatically hit).

(Edited version)

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Nope you still hit on a 6. Notice it says always. yes you get auto hit but you can still hit back

TobiasRathein

Black Knight
Johnny is 100% correct. Even with weapon skill 0 you can hit back; only on it's on a 6.

If you have anything that would reduce your ability to hit (like the zombie dragon aura) you still hit on 6s.

So, to recap.

You fail a fear test. Weapon skill 1.
You fail the battle of wills test. Weapon skill 0. Automatically hit, hit on 6s.
You are in combat with a zombie dragon. His aura gives you -1 to hit; you still hit on 6s.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
If you roll too low, the Attack has missed, and if you equal or beat the required score the attack has hit. Sometimes modifers apply to these rolls but a natural dice score of a 6 always hits
Page 50

arbogast

Grave Guard
Johnny-Crass said:
Nope you still hit on a 6. Notice it says always. yes you get auto hit but you can still hit back
Whoops. Was reading into something that wasn't there. :slapface:

Not a banner day for me regarding rules...:redface: