• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

crumble / standard / victorypoints

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
I'm pretty sure the only time you can capture a standard is from a fleeing unit. If you kill them to a man, either through crumble or good old-fashioned stabbing, then the banner is just lost.

Pg.143 small rulebook "Seized Standards...for every enemy standard bearer that was removed due to the Last Stand rule, or was slain in close combat (remember this can only happen once the rest of his unit except the champion are dead)"

It only happens in close combat but it can be captured if the standard bearer actually dies, so the standard is captured from slaying them (but not from shooting them to death) although I have no idea how it is effected by crumbling.

Fodderboy said:
If they crumble due to combat/combat rez, the banner is yours.
First I am confused by the wording. Do you mean the banner counts or doesn't count toward VP?
If it doesn't count,
Can anyone second this?
I am not so sure. If so, it's news to me.
Wouldn't be the first time :clown: