• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

dark eldar...... and thoughts on starting a new army.

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hey Guys,

I normally play and collect imperial guard for 40k. this is because i'm a big proponent of military organization and the guard echo's a standardized structure i like.

however....

I am currently painting a Kabalite stormshard (kabalite warrior squad and raider) for my local game shop to help the owner promote his business (both because he is still in the learning stages of painting, and because of the idea of "I scratch your back, you scratch mine")

I am really loving the new Kabalite warrior models. I don't need another project though, i have so freaking many already....but i really really like them.

as a secondary point, another gamestore in the area is liquidating it's 40k stock, and at close to 50% off, I'm wondering if i should pick up a kabalite box...

I need advice. please and thank you for any that is given.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
If you have too many projects, I'd say either finish them or paint some DE in between. I find it quite nice to, even if I do not intend to go for an entire army right away, to paint something that's very different to what I am currently doing. Eventually it pretty much turns into a project on its own.

That said, 50% off on some DE warriors, I'd bite.

Also, if you don't want to make an entirely new project I find Dark Eldar models to serve very nicely as Vampire Counts characters and champions, or maybe even a grave guard regiment. Also seen them being used in Slaanesh/Tzeentch themed WoC armies.