• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Bauglir

Skeleton
Feb 25, 2009
Morning CN

I had my first league battle versus Blood Angels last evening.
My list for the league:

Arhon: reaver, combat drugs, punisher, plasma grenades, tormentor helmet
7 wyches: plasma grenades, wych weapons, blaster (succubus: agoniser, plasma grenades)
Transport: Raider with disintegrator and horrorfex

7 wyches: same as above

2 times raidersquad of 5: dark lance
Transport: raider with dark lance and horrorfex

10 warriors: 2 dark lances
10 warriors: 2 blasters, 2 splinter cannons (sybarite with agoniser and plasma grenades)
10 warriors: 2 blasters, 2 splinter cannons (sybarite with agoniser and plasma grenades)

3 reavers: blaster
Ravager: night shield, dark lance, 2 disintegrators
Ravager: night shield, 3 disintegrators

My opponent - I don't know everything by name, sorry:
Dante
Corbulo
2 rhinos: each with 5 marines
land raider: stormbolts on the side
10+ jetpack marines
10+ jetpack marines
Extra: 5 death company

We played spearhead annihilation.
My opponent sets up first. Everything nicely packed together. Ready to trash some DE.

I go for a pincer move.
I take initiative :devil2:
My first round o shooting isn't exactly great. I only take out the heavy bolter on one of the rinho's.
One wychsquad moves flat out alongside the table edge. So, I can move for the assualt in turn two. The other wyches move forward (opponents table edge) and park behind a large bunker. My archon and disi ravager follow. The Reavers move towards the centre.
Both my gunboat units hop on the empty raiders and move on.

The blood angels, eager to beat some xeno. Move straight in. Although one rhino gets stuck in some debris. As said, they are too eager and loose their cool with shooting. The gunboat near the bunker gets blown to bits. Also two reavers find their reaper.

Turn two:
My wychsquads move in for the assualt.
The rest take a nice shootingposition. Let's go tankhunting. Landraider poof, rhino immobilised. The wyches smell blood and each unit attacks a jetpack unit. We easely win combat. And due to being fearless, the marines aren't smart enough to run. However, their souls smell even better theno.o

The blood Angels know they are in trouble. The rhinosquads jump out and try to help their brethren. One wychesquad really takes a punch now. Yet Dante has been killed.

Turn three:
Well, my archon knows it's time to move in now. The remaining wyches kill some more marines. And I snipe the remaining rhino.

Cobrulo and one death company somehow survived my disi salvo. And are now wandering around. The few marines still in combat are lost now.

Turn four:
Over kill.

Dark Eldar victor (just lost a gunboat unit, reavers and wychsquad)
Blood Angels wiped out.
Game winning: Dark lances, agonisers and the 4+ inv for the wyches in combat. And , it has to be said. a little help from my opponent. The amount of saves he failed.

Yours
B

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu