• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Hello there

The Sac Dagger is too good of an item to not take. I would grab that and sit her in a bunker of 15-20 spears/x-bows. It really doesn't matter which unit you take.
No Pendant of I-never-die? It's just a few more points than the ToE. Save you from miscasts and other nasty things. I'm guessing you're worried about spiritleech and the like?
The DH needs to be made into a BSB.
I used a similar list but I feel that your two main combat units could use a few more troops, the corsairs especially.
You might want to drop a unit of shades. Try fitting in a peg master with cloak of hagraef for various troubleshooting jobs. Good choice for lore of fire on the level 2, that's what I used to run.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
Doh I thought the caldron made her a bsb
Sac Dagger and Pendant are both heavily comped in my tournament setting and I really need to get mindrazor to make this list work.

The warriors are not a combat block, they are a bunker for my casters

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
Apr 7, 2012
Sweden
Nope. need to invest another 25points to make her bsb.
lvl2 firesoso with RoR is a nice combo, given lore attribute and all.

This is my main army, though only played for 8 months or so in 8th.
Have you considered tone down magic and maybe more deathhags with rune of khaine to stick in the units, or even hags in the units to up the attacks?

flaming banner on 10 witchelves can be enuff to rip open a HPA

hornywingythingy

Skeleton
Feb 3, 2012
Wales
It looks interesting, though pendant and sac dagger are also faves of mine. Not sure on the chariots myself, I'd think about dropping them for more troops in your blocks, they won't last long otherwise.

tinfish

Skeleton
Apr 12, 2012
I prefer Witch Elves in groups of 14. 2 ranks of 7.
Remember diagonal is still base to base, that is (against a 5 wide unit) 21 attacks, and 7 supporting. (without a cauldron)

Makes those ladies a bit nasty!

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
I run my witches 10x1 and in my head I have been really liking it though I made some changes

Supreme Sorceress 305
Lvl 4 Shadow
Tome of Furion
Talisman of Endurance
General

Deathhag Bsb 225
Cauldron of Blood

Sorceress 185
Lvl 2 Fire
Ruby Ring
D-Scroll

10 Crossbows 105
Muso

10 Crossbows 105
Muso

30 Corsairs 350
Full Command
Sea Serpent Banner

22 Warriors 162
Full Command
Standard of Discipline

5 Dark Rider 92
Muso

10 Witch Elves 105
Muso

10 Witch Elves 105
Muso

10 Witch Elves 105
Muso

10 Shades 160

10 Shades 160

10 Shades 160

Hydra XXX

Total: 2499

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
I'm worried about the lack of punch. You've got the hydra and 5 spells from shadow but I feel that your list would benefit from a few units that come stock with high strength.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
But the problem is besides Exicutioners who are terrible, Blackguard who are very expensive or a second Hydra which is heavily comped there is no real hammer that I can add in on the cheap. Any ideas because I am still trying to learn this book.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Knights. Units of 6 work as does a block of 10 with ASF banner. Potion of foolhardiness is a popular item on the champion.

Karthus

Zombie
May 10, 2012
Johnny-Crass said:
But the problem is besides Exicutioners who are terrible, Blackguard who are very expensive or a second Hydra which is heavily comped there is no real hammer that I can add in on the cheap. Any ideas because I am still trying to learn this book.

why are they terrible? Because of ASL even though they hit hard?

Lepaca

Zombie
Jun 13, 2012
Chaos_Born said:
I've found that people do run them, but they must be in hordes with BSB and banner of ASF

In my opinion still not worth the points.

How do the shades work for you Johnny? I find that in larger point games I rarely get to deploy them where I would like to because my opponent blocks me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu