• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
"About you're existence my friend, staying in the shadows does have its benefits.
Lets make it a group project, now the only question is where do we take him?.... We need an abandoned building we can get to quickly or a remote area we can rent or acquire where no one will hear us.....
My personal thinking is the bar is probably the best bet to find this out, hell the whores will more than likely know someone we can acquire what we need and you can even get another oil change, it seemed to perk you up last time"

*Giving a knowing wink*

"So, back to the bar or we can have a look about for ourselves, you're choice this time seeing as we are going with my plan of snatching a guard, not fair if I have all the brain and the looks now is it?"

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
"If we want a quiet place, just go to the lowest floor of the hive, only mutants and orphans live there, plus there's plenty of rubbish to... improvise on." he smiled worryingly. Marx whislted "You really haven't spent long in a hive have you?"

Marx turned to Gaius, who had seemed pretty quiet until now, "You want to go find a guard? I certainly can't handle any physically strong people, that's for sure."

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
"You really want to drag a guard all the way down there?...... We need somewhere close or we are going to be seen."

*Rolling her eyes and grinning*

"I was not exactly a Hive girl as a child, I commonly dealt with upper class targets and as a result most my time on hive's was either spent in the highest levels or among cut throats."

*Turning to speak to Gaius*

"Don't worry, we shall be near by, if he becomes to much of a handful I will remove his hands for you."

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Marx rolled his eyes, she really was a posh git wasn't she.

"Remove his uniform first, no-one asks questions then. Plenty of people di-"

As if on cue, one of the many corpse carts pulled by a servitor trundled past, the nameless and homeless piled upon each other, slowly rotting. The air around it smelt damp with body fluids.

Marx looked on in pity. These poor souls were just the victims of bad luck, that was all. Born to another mother and they'd be rolling in it, or even not a psyker he thought, dryly. Marx looked up and noticed his companions looking at him, oh yeah, the conversation

"As I said, plenty of people die here all the time, what more difference will one make?"

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
Gaius had been content to take a back seat and guage his companions up until now, he knew his arbites uniform would attract unwanted attention in the seedy establishment the others had chosen to begin their investigaion in, so he'd waited out front in case of trouble. As the pair bantered back and forth and brought him up to speed with their information, he smiled slightly, he seemed to have a fairly efficient, if somewhat bloodthirsty team to work with at least.

"There is of course, another option we could try before moving on to something as overt as deliberate murder." he mentioned as they began to outline their scheme. "If we can locate a local arbites member we can find out more about our objective..." he grinned wolfishly, "we could of course have gone to the beaureu or HQ but I find boots on the street tend to know more about the ins and outs of the lower levels than the stiffs riding the desks."

Gaius looked thoughtfully at the gate guards then. "Of course, we don't necessarily NEED to be too covert with our investigation. I could approach the guards as an arbites. I believe refusing access to an officer is on page 214... or was it 412..."

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Marx grinned, "Great to have you back, Gaius, only problem with talking to the guards as inquisition is that they're more likely than not going to tell their superiors, who may be less pure in heart. I can't think of any other reason why we were sent here covertly. If the planet was loyal, we'd just go to the govenor and ask him nicely, wouldn't we?

So, what'll it be?"

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
"Still don't think removing his uniform would do the job, people tend to remember faces and the man will not be coming willingly or under his own power......"

*Biting her lower lip playfully whilst in thought*

"No offence but I don't exactly trust the local law enforcement myself, on top of that the less people know about us the better.
I think of best course of action is to find a nearby holding building to take him to and when we are ready Gaius can distract him acting as an officer of the law and I will knock him out from behind"

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
Gaius shrugged, "No problem, Of course I'd much rather trust the presumptions of back alley whore than an arbitrator... I'm not talking about asking a member of the local militia here, the arbites enforce the Emperors edict, not local law." he grinned then, "It might not be as enjoyable a conversation as Marx here had, but if we ask in a general enough way, there can't be any harm surely? They will already know an inquisitorial shuttle has landed and should have instructions to help us out. If they already know of the mission fine, if not we can still get a better feel of the local sentiment and social structure, maybe even make a few contacts... Wouldn't you like to know whats supposed to be going on behind those gates before we murder a potential innocent, and go barging into somewhere that may or may not have anything to do with our objectives?" he paused and looked at the plethora of servitors again. "Besides, if what we're trying goes south on us and we need to storm that place, I'd like a little more firepower than just the 3 of us."

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Marx sighed, "Very well, but I'll sit back and check whether he's lying."

Marx slid down the side of the wall and sat down, watching as the pair walked off, and closed his eyes. Something about this wall wasn't right, and he didn't want to trust anyone he didn't have to. He opened his eyes, pupils fully relaxed, giving the appearance of a completely black eye, thankfully hidden under his hood.

Let's see whether they're to be trusted then.

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
Gaius nods his thanks to Marx and begins his search for an arbites patrolman, visually scanning the area for the telltale armour or any signs of their passing. He also keeps a sharp eye out for anybody who may be paying their group more attention than they credit. Granted anyone picked up by so casual a sweep would be amatuerish, but he figures any information is better than none.

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Whistling to himself in his psychedelic little world of colours, Marx does a much more effective sweep of the area than Giaus could ever do, and spots the tell-tale brownish haze from behind a building. Marx coughed loudly and guestured in the direction of the building the arbite was about to leave, the Rosy Inn. Well, he coudl certainly a lot of Rose coming from the couples within, that's for sure.

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
With a slight acknowledging nod to Marx, Gaius headed in the indicated direction. It didn't take long to spot the man he was after, the armour of an arbites is in many ways like a beacon, to draw the enemies of man to rash action against the wearer and thus bring their darkness into the light, and the shining plates of an arbiters armour are especially noticeable in the dank confines of a lower hive.

Approaching the man, Gaius smiles and winks with a knowing glance at the pleasure house the man was just leaving. "Greetings Neighbour." he said, "Pumping a source for information can be a grueling prospect, I hope she didn't wear you out too much."

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
*Shadowing Gaius in his pursuit at a reasonable distance Arabella stuck to the shadows making use of their cover.

Staying out of sight as Gaius distracted the man with needless prattle in an attempt to extract information, ready to intervene if things went sour*

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Mesayah said:
Reetheus runs a quick optical scan towards the outpost, checking for potential hazards.

The coordinates given to you do not seem to lead towards an actual outpost on the outside of the Hive but a landing pad with a large speeder-type vehicle on top. A slaved servitor-pilot acknowledges you both. You recognize the speeder pattern as one that is frequently used by Mechanicus personnel but has seen little to no use in the Imperium.
It is quite large and capable to hold several of Reetheus' bulk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Approaching the man, Gaius smiles and winks with a knowing glance at the pleasure house the man was just leaving. "Greetings Neighbour." he said, "Pumping a source for information can be a grueling prospect, I hope she didn't wear you out too much."

The arbitrator does not look really surprised nor offended in any way. He simply flashes back a very small smirk and pats his groin.
"Vaxanide...what a world. In case you didn't notice it pretty much runs itself. Cog-boys have this place more secured and tight than a Commissar's arse and nobody is stupid enough to commit any Heretical deeds. Word is, Inquisition got its head in everything that goes on around here."
He fidgets around in his pockets for a while and takes out a packet of lho-sticks, he actually turns it over to Gaius first, offering him one.
"So what takes you to this world, you signed over for service here?"

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
Gaius smiles at the arbites and holds up his hand, showing he appreciates the gesture but wasn't taking the lho.

"Just got here on the last transport, anything I should know about the local crews?" Nodding towards the gate, he continued. "and whats with the fancy architecture?"

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
The man lights himself a lho, inhaling deeply and looking around nervously before answering.
"Truth be told I think we are overstaffed seeing all the guns here. And the guns themselves...shit. Way too lethal if you know what I mean. At night you can hear noises coming from the forests all around. Like whispers or cries even. Gives me the creeps. And those cogboys are out there doing their 'research' yeah right. Makes me feel so much safer."
He lifts his lho to his lips again, his hand trembling slightly.
"Those guns? I'm pretty dam sure it is not for keeping things in. Friendly advice from me, take dayshift if it is an option though an even better option would be getting the hell out of here.
I mean nobody died yet, well 'cept for some citizens trying the gun-run but there's some dark stuff going on here. Forests don't whisper."

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
"Right...whispering trees." Gaius replies though without mocking the man, his eyes narrowing in suspicion but his expression further suggesting he knows what the man is talking about.
"Thanks for the heads up, be seeing you on shift."

From the shadows Arabella can see the other Arbitrator now checking his chrono and quickly running off to whatever post he has to be. Probably having spent a little too much time on his break and the conversation.

Walking back towards Marx Gaius retells him the story he was given putting emphasis on the strange tale of the voices coming from the forests around the Hive.
"Don't know what is going around here but I think it's best I actually sign up here for the time being and see what more I can get to know from the inside. These guys have been here for far longer and might know important things.
My idents all are fine last time I checked and maybe that Tech Priest in the shuttle can fix me up with a transfer background story. I mean the Inquisition is all about infiltration stuff right? Wish me luck."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming closer to the speeder that would take Reetheus and Onex to the Mechanicum outpost a binaric blurt is played from it. It seems to be stuck on a loop.
Reetheus turns towards Onex. "It seems non-Mechanicum personnel are not allowed inside most of the outpost' facilities. You are allowed only to enter certain sections under supervision of an adept."
His optics blink-click for a moment as if waiting eagerly for a response.

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Reetheus' hands, if you could speak of such, moved quickly over the speeder's controls. His metal digits almost caressing the controls lovingly. He looked at Onex as the speeder accelerated to a dizzying speed.
"Problem? No. It is simply that there will be some strange things to you. Imperials are often confused by our ways. It is normal that I would be separated from you.
We have famuli, normally these are aides to Magi, an aide you would call them. Some of them are trained to interact with those still attached to the Flesh so their masters need not busy themselves with trivial things.
The "problem" is that you are not allowed to see everything as you are not of our Faith."

The speeder started slowing down and descended into a clearing in the forest near to the Hive. Yet, as you descend further, the Hive slowly disappears behind the foliage. The Speeder takes you down to what seems to be a rooftop, all matter of antennae, dishes and blinking lights sticking out.
A small red-robed form awaits you both. A binaric exchange follows between Reetheus and the small robed figure and Reetheus walks off towards a door that seems to open on its own. As you start to follow Reetheus the small figure blocks your way.

He looks up at you, showing a face that seems very human and young. Xxcept for the strange luminosity of his eyes his expression is friendly and welcoming. He puts out his hand towards you.
"Welcome to outpost F-331.89, my name is Verthul and I will be your guide in this facility. I understand that you'd like to know more of our research?"

The Archivist

Archivist of the word The
True Blood
Onex nodded politely.
"I would indeed, if the Mechanicus feel generous. Even if I am not considered worthy to look upon your main data banks, however, I would like to study some of the no doubt top quality data you have on the planet's ecosystems and geology. I would be greatly surprised if your most simple seismic scans were not leaps above those a lowly scholar like myself could access in the main hive."
Onex spoke sincerely, and avoided revealing her own technology. It was better to let the Mechanicus think she was simply a researcher, which in a way was true, than to give them cause to shut their mouths and sit tight.

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
The Tech-adept's face positively lights up with the compliment. He seems very lively and animated for somebody of the a Mechanicum and you wonder whether it is genuine or just a very well studied act.
"Certainly if you will follow me".
He takes you off the landing path unto a platform that starts to move after he waves his hand in a quick pattern in front of a metal plate. As it slowly descend walls come up around you and you are taken into the facility through a different route Reetheus had entered. After a minute or two the platform stops with a loud clang and Verthul takes you inside a large room where you overwhelmed by the thrumming of cogitators.
A dozen cogitators the size of small houses stand there, endlessly processing data. Robed adepts walk amongst them carrying braziers with incense, chanting binaric prayers.

Verthul leads you to one of the consoles.
"This entire room is and its Knowledge is open to you. All the cogitators are linked and this one console will give you access to all the data. Some of the data is still in its pure form and that is why I will stay here at the other console next to you, I will err...translate it for you so you can read it as I take it you are not binary fluent.
This data consists of thirty years of study of the surrounding biosphere, no doubt you will find this interesting...oh and a small word of advice. We have checked your background before you came here so we know a little about you. Let's just say we know you will not be shocked by this data but other might. In other words as you Imperials like to say; this information stays between you and your partners."
Verhul winks suspiciously at you with a broad smile on his face.
"Shall we do this then?"

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Marx shrugged at Gaius, if he wants to go all sneaky he can.

As his sight returned to normal, Marx adjusted himself mentally and began using his body properly again, walking over to Arabella as innocently as possible.

"I like the idea of these trees, they certainly don't seem ah, normal do they."

Marx paused, his age old premonition of caution taking over.

"Let me just see what everyone else is up to" he said closing his eyes, and broadening his mind, he accidently left his body, but no matter. Looking down on the world he saw the millions of souls going around their daily buisness, all blissfully aware of the fragments of chaos that everyone carried in them. Looking for his companions in there was going to be too time consuming an effort, considering that nobody had bothered letting him know what their mind felt like.. However Marx had a bright enough mind to remember that Reethus and Onex were outside the city somewhere. He broadened out more and local wildlife joined the picture, on the edge of his mind however was a small cluster of distinctly human minds. It took a couple of seconds to locate Onex, him being different to all the other mechanically dulled consciousnesses out there.

Onex?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu