• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
Johnny-Crass said:
See this is not bad. I can fight blocks and life magic. But mass poison and deathsnipes just suck

Even when he cast Dwellers at you EVERY turn? Pfft! :swear:

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
I happen to value my units thank you very much. The bottom line is that Unkillable Slann Lord and a gazillion poison shooting skinks does not make for a fun game. Their magic is way over the top and makes Dark Elves look tame by comparison. Like you said Johnny, nobody respects a Lizardman player. :thumbsdown:

lonit

Skeleton
Aug 27, 2012
1. Say I have a Master Necro (general) and a small necro with Vampire Lore that has left its unit for some reason earlier and is standing alone. My General dies and we start to crumble. Does the small necro crumble as well or does he take controll of the army and dosn't crumble?

2. Fighting in a building. What happens when an undead unit looses combat while defending a building? Do we pop out 1" away facing away from the building?

Xivigg

Grave Guard
Mar 2, 2010
Answer :

1. as he don't have the vampiric special rule, your baby necromancer will crumble normally. If he survive, he will be able to take over at the beginning of your next round.

2. in order for a unit to leave a building, they need to fail a break test. BRB P. 129
Undead troops are Unbreakable. VC P. 26
Units unbreakable passes Break tests automatically. BRB P. 78
Undead in a building never leave :ghost:!!! They die in it :grave:!!! (unless you use the rules found in Badland but that's another things)

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Yeah, Blood in the Badlands is so flawed:

Empire soldier: "Oh no! That castle's occupied by hundreds of skeletons!"

General: "Don't worry, we'll sit outside their fort until they STARVE TO DEATH! That'll teach them not to come back from the grave!"

Swaiper

Black Knight
Aug 9, 2012
I think its retarded that Cavalry doesnt have ASF on the turn they charge... or atleast impact hits if youre barded :( I mean you get to hit me with your sword before I hit you with my lance at 40 Mph because your Initiative is a lil higher???

On another note, Johnny videos!! Yeeeeah! Must have MORE!

Vengeance Crusader

Grave Guard
Jan 6, 2010
Swaiper said:
I think its retarded that Cavalry doesnt have ASF on the turn they charge... or atleast impact hits if youre barded :( I mean you get to hit me with your sword before I hit you with my lance at 40 Mph because your Initiative is a lil higher???

On another note, Johnny videos!! Yeeeeah! Must have MORE!

Aye I agree- BUT- on the other hand, its also stupid how you can use lances more than once in a game, as they'd break after first impact...

Swaiper

Black Knight
Aug 9, 2012
It is obvious there are squires on the sidelines with a stock of lances you silly! They come in during the magic phase ^^

najo

Mortarch of the Dark Soul
True Blood
Dec 23, 2012
Oregon
They are magic squires, with little cupid wings ... And pot bellies too... What do you think all those cherub things in WH40k are doing? They do the same thing in fantasy, they are just sneakier about it!

Commisarlestat

Grave Guard
Oct 22, 2012
Might have to model a bret army with a massive stash of lances on each horse. Or perhaps the rubber lance syndrome is actually a secret mechanic from a pact between Gw and the dice gods....

A

Swaiper

Black Knight
Aug 9, 2012
So I was looking through the Ogre Kingdom army book (know thy enemy) and I came across Skrag the Slaughterer whos special rule makes it so you can take Gorgers (fun stuff) in units of 2. Now heres where it gets interesting, it also says that you can ignore the restrictions for duplicate choices. Does this mean I can on a 2500 pts list take 1250 points worth of gorgers???

Swaiper

Black Knight
Aug 9, 2012
Dear Johnny, I hate seeing this thread with no new posts so here goes!
Why do people like to put Chaos Sorcerers on discs? Wont they get shot down or picked of by flyers? I remember your post with the fireball* ^^

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Never got that either.

Regarding the lances thing I'm 100% with you swaiper, as historian with an excessive interest in medieval warfare(also I'm a Bret player... go figure) it has always annoyed me that the laws of physics got screwed by ASF.. but hell WH is not exactly a realistic game.

rothgar13

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jan 26, 2012
Philadelphia
Because Chaos Sorcerer Lords can be equipped to be virtually immune to damage while on that Disc. They can have a 3+ Ward save, a 2+ against flaming, and a Chaos gift that lets them re-roll all 1s on Ward saves. You can throw all the Fireballs you want at him - they won't do a thing.

Moreover, now that the Infernal Puppet has gone the way of the dinosaur, they have a lot more gear space, so things like magic weapons to swat away attackers or a Stubborn hat to ignore the ones that can't get through its saves (which include a 2+ armor save in addition to that Ward save) are on the table. For the most part, trying to kill a Sorcerer Lord with anything other than a save-or-die is wasting your time.

Swaiper

Black Knight
Aug 9, 2012
I know this might not be the place to post but... Johnnys not looking so ill sneak this in.

What do you think of the new chaos book Rothgar? Better? Worse? Something you think is missing?

rothgar13

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jan 26, 2012
Philadelphia
About the same overall as far as power level is concerned. It will have a bigger variety of lists and playstyles, and will be a bit lower on the model count. In some ways, it resembles the VC book.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu