• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Death to all but... Death?

Hi fellow Nagash worshippers,

My name is Jonathan, 25 and living in The Netherlands at the moment.
After playing/painting warhammer about 14 years ago, mainly an Orc army at the time. Always been interessted in Vampire Counts and since my interests have changed and I became a big fan of everything occult, evil and dead, I picked up some paints and a Malignant and Skeleton Horde set. Can't wait to get back into the hobby, diving in head first! Quite busy with my job and playing shows with my band but hope to spend alot of free time with my faithfull friend, death.

Below a picture of my first miniature after starting again. Wanted to see what works best as to painting ethereal/ghostly effects. So started on the Spirit Hosts since there are 3 included, wanted to try out 3 different methods and see what I prefer. Ofcourse it still needs to be properly based but pretty stoked about how he turned out!

Hope to speak to you guys, learn abit here and there and worship death!

Cheers!

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
True Blood
I couldn't see the whole picture when I first got in and thought it was going to be Sylvaneth. I was both surprised and inspired by the paint scheme. Time to get me some discount Branchwyches...

I couldn't see the whole picture when I first got in and thought it was going to be Sylvaneth. I was both surprised and inspired by the paint scheme. Time to get me some discount Branchwyches...
Cool to hear! Yeah the picture in it self is pretty bad quality, but found this to be a pretty quick and easy to get a kind of spooky look. Administrum grey (?), Wash with Coelia Greenshade and highlights with a tiny bit of drybrushing of Ulthuan Grey. Finished all 3 now, kind of got the same look on all 3 so pretty stoked.

Tonight starting on Hexwraiths and Neferata, SIKED.