• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Downtime?

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
The forum has been down for me for the last couple of days, this is the first I've been able to access it.

Anybody else been having the same issue?

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
True Blood
Count Darvaleth said:
The forum has been down for me for the last couple of days, this is the first I've been able to access it.

Anybody else been having the same issue?
Same here. Hope CN isn't experiencing financial difficulty.

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
There has been an issue with the host, which I am assuming has now been resolved. if you join the CN facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/303211981227/ then you can keep updated when downtime like this occurs

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Financial difficulty? What would make you think that? o.o

It was issues with our VPS, compounded with very slow response times from our host. Please refer to the Grave News section for further info.

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
Financial difficulty? What would make you think that? o.o
Seems to be the most common reason for sites shutting down, glad to know that's not the case :)

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
That's a poor reason. If things get very bad sites can downgrade to shared hosting at $5 a month - don't get me wrong, will likely be very slow but better than nothing.

Happily we aren't in that situation, though I have firmly been told by the missus that £40 I am paying monthly for our VPS is the limit xD

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Well either way we all appreciate all of the finacial efforts you contribute to making this site amazing!