• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

GDD

Grave Guard
Jul 30, 2014
It's very, very predictable :P I enjoyed it because I was expecting a cinematic vampire movie. You should do the same.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
It doesn't come out until the 10th in the states, so please, no spoilers. Also, I will be seeing it in IMAX, so I am super excited.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Good movie. Thought it should have ended before it did. (When you see it you'll know what I mean) special effects were good storyline was reasonable. Bring on part 2

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Apr 10, 2013
Yeah, it's hardly high-brow cinema, but for an indulgent vampiric gore fest, I was very impressed.

I do feel like the last couple of minutes could have been done as an after-the-credits scene, but I like the heavily implied sequel.

When he says "The strength of 100 men, the speed of a falling star" all I could think was "Yeah, no way should a Chaos Lord have higher initiative than a Vampire!"

Reactions: El Syf

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
When he says "The strength of 100 men, the speed of a falling star" all I could think was "Yeah, no way should a Chaos Lord have higher initiative than a Vampire!"

Chaos lords are actually tied with vampire lords at I7. It's the elves who are up one at I8. 7 still feels too low for the vampire lord, though.

GDD

Grave Guard
Jul 30, 2014
The movie did make me want a bat storm spell for vampires.

I don't care much for the implied sequel. I was actually hoping for a conclusion AFTER the "final battle" :tongue:

Last edited:

Kassill

Grave Guard
Sep 28, 2011
IT WAS FRAKKING AMAZING! Went with a bunch of friends last night to see it opening in my little town. SO good! Want to paint everything VC I have asap!

Solid Story, Solid acting, solid visuals! Can't wait to own this on dvd and watch it whenever I need inspiration to work on models!

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
I was thinking that this movie was the embodiment of what VC should be. That VL with about ten Vampires should be able to wipe an Empire Army, no problem. I also liked that ward save at the end (because of the guy who wanted to be his ward...). The whole time, I was wondering if he would end up using his ring to come back to life...

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I saw the movie and liked it as well. It felt very short because of how much action was packed into it, I would have liked to see a bigger battle near the end with more detailed shots of Dracula in action.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
But at least what we did get was great. And it was cool seeing him (a Vampire) trying to kill a heavily armoured opponent in a room filmed with silver. And the bat swarms yes:vampire3:

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 30, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
So ive seen it, Loved it!!! but automatically straight afterwards talk of a sequel opened up between me and my friends, now without spoiling it for any who havent seen it. If they do a sequel it worries me how it would turn out if they pick it up where the film ended, although ive no doubt id go see it anyway in hope that im wrong and it turns out to be another good addition to the Dracula franchise

However if a sequel does take place somewhere in history between the last few scenes it would be interesting (as i saw may be possible from a 30 second google search only) but questionable as to why include the last scene?

Henning

Ghoul
Sep 8, 2014
loved the first 95%, hated the second 5%...

Now that is a vampire :twisted: damn Vlad owns! There was also a lot of fact mixed into the storyline which was great. I have my doubts about the sequel though...

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Looks like the budget was $70 million, and they've made $89 million so far. Mostly middle of the road reviews from news critics. Not a sure thing, as far as sequels go.

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
Chaos lords are actually tied with vampire lords at I7. It's the elves who are up one at I8. 7 still feels too low for the vampire lord, though.

You guys are just too use to True blood (Erik Northman) and Twilight (Edward Cullen) vampires who move like the comic book hero, The Flash. Good old Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee never moved at super-sonic speeds. xD

Zarovich

Zombie
Jul 20, 2012
I did not like this film very much. Can't really say why. Guess I do not like films where you are supposed to identify with the vampire very much.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
You guys are just too use to True blood (Erik Northman) and Twilight (Edward Cullen) vampires who move like the comic book hero, The Flash. Good old Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee never moved at super-sonic speeds. xD

Those first guys can go die in a fire, 4th edition Warhammer Undead were my first experience with vampires and they've stuck with me since then. S7 T6 I9 ftw! :clown:

Tjhammer

Skeleton
Oct 6, 2014
Utah
Just saw it today. Is it the best movie out there, no. Did i have a fun time and cannot wait to paint up a bat swarm, yes.
I also could have done without the end, but it did not waste the movie for me. Will be a most have once released for home viewing while painting in the future.
Thumbs up!

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
I LOVED it. The effects were very well done, the music was spot on, the actors executed their roles perfectly and the storyline was very enjoyable. I am definitely buying this one when it is released for home viewing.
I heard that a sequel is not in the works and that the studio will instead work on updating the classic Mummy movie from the '30's for a 2016 release.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Masterpsark, you're dead to me. :'( You said Bella Lugosi can go die in a fire. That's just...just...unforgivable! He's the ORIGINAL Dracula actor, and he was awesome. Beyond awesome.

-cries in a corner-

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Masterpsark, you're dead to me. :'( You said Bella Lugosi can go die in a fire. That's just...just...unforgivable! He's the ORIGINAL Dracula actor, and he was awesome. Beyond awesome.

-cries in a corner-

Oh no, don't get me wrong. With "first" I was referring to the ones he referenced first, True Blood and Twilight. The old guys are alright with me, if just a bit physically inhibited. :vampire2:

Edit: And to clarify I originally meant that the superman Vampires have been around for way longer than True Blood and Twilight, and my first exposure to them was back in the 90's with GW's Undead. :)

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Was... ok. Not a fan of the sequel baiting. Really suffered from the PG-13 rating, imo. Tiresomely cliche/predictable. Makes an abject mess of the history, and in particular a shamefully insulting portrayal of the Ottomans. But some cool fight scenes, so... yeah, it's exactly what it looks like, for better and for (imo much) worse.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu