• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Dragon Age Inquisition

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Newest Trailer:

Some interesting tidbits about Dragon Age III:

You can play a Necromancer (it's one of the three mage specializations).

You can play a Qunari.

You can play a Tal-Vashoth Qunari Necromancer.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi189.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz142%2FMalisteen%2FTalVashothMage_zps24ed4bcc.jpg&hash=79c5492188375cf91b53f2047b49abf1

So, am I the only one on board for this?

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
The more I see about this game the most excited I get.

There's been quite a bit of PC gameplay stuff as well just recently. Tactical view is back(never really enjoyed the real time combat of it).

It appears like they've gone back to DA:Origins only gone bigger and better. So yeah, I get the feeling this game is going to steal a lot of my spare time.

You can play a Qunari.

You can play a Tal-Vashoth Qunari Necromancer.
Not to be nick-picky, but you would actually play a Vashoth. "Qunari" refers to followers of the Qun (and by extension, members of the horned race who originated it as long as they are followers); "Tal-Vashoth" refers to those who abandoned the Qun, while "Vashoth" is those of the "qunari race" born outside of the Qun (presumably to Tal-Vashoth parents).

So, am I the only one on board for this?
Um, I think it's safe to say I am too. Had the collector's edition pre-ordered since it become available.

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Your point on the lore is accurate as far as I know, but the advertised races on the official page are 'human, elf, dwarf, and... Qunari'. I don't know of the designers are being inaccurate to the lore, or if the lore is changing, but I'm just using the terminology they are.

Ah. Many of the designers outside of the writers don't fully understand the lore, but I expect the website comes down to "simplification".