• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Elite Warrior + Eternal Hatred

Dark elf Black guards have those abilities which both make them re-roll missed hits. Hatred on first round and Elite warrior on every round.

So does this mean that they can re-roll all missed hits twice on first round and against High Elves on each round?

Sounds harsh but logical. Or am i missing something?

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Nae, you can never re-roll a re-roll. That particular rule is on Page 1 of the rules! They just get to re-roll every turn, an improvement on Hatred.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
You can never* re-roll a re-roll!

*unless explicitly allowed to do so (ie. Eye of the Gods chart) ... well, I guess it's not really never then, is it?

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Warrior Elite basically overriders the Eternal Hatred special rule (since it's better) but leaves the weaknesses of Hatred in.

...unlike the Bloodthirster's "Immortal Fury" that allows it to re-roll every missed hit in close combat as well, yet it's not actually Hatred or anything else with a downside. All the good with nothing of the bad. :rolleyes:

ok thank you. BGs are still quite scary foe, but managable.

I have heard so much about this guy "bloodthirsters", but i`m lucky enough not to face them yet.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Bloodthirsters are essentially an army on a monster sized base. For what, 550 points they can take out entire units by themselves, eat Vampire Lords before breakfast, and then come along and fly around to cause havoc as well. Bloodthirsters wouldn't be -nearly- so bad if they couldn't freakin' fly.

But yes. If you see a bloodthirster, you'd better have a Dragon Trap (6 Dire wolves + a Doomwolf) nearby that can tie it up for a turn or two.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Ein Vreid said:
A Ogre Tryant with the Tenderizer really messes up the Bloodthristers :xD.
If the Bloodthirsters stricking first (most likely) you ain't gonna get a chance to swing it...then it still has a 4+ ward :(