• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Elves! Elves!!

Demian

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hello everyone!

In the eve of this new Age of Sigmar, I have come with a question about past glories:

Last weekend, a friend of mine fielded his Elven Hosts for the first time, and he decided to go with an unusual (or at least unseen by me) deathstar:

BotWD White Lions holding a Cauldron of Blood with a Death Hag. His Core would be filled with Glade Guard with Asrai Longbows and all sorts of magical arrows. Hydras and a Frost Phoenix too.

Not wondering about the army composition here, since such a list would be too easy to redirect and counter by Undead means, but i was just wondering...

Is this common in your area? Cauldron with Banner? I checked and there seems to be nothing "illegal" in that list (2000pts) but I'd rather be sure!

Unsurprisingly, they tore apart two units of Chaos Warriors like they were nothing, suffering like 4 casualties tops, and the Chaos Lord and Daemon Prince did not even think about flying near that deathstar.

Thanks! :D

Facing the eternity host somewhere along this or next week aswell. Quite a nasty combo but Final transmutation/dwellers would make short work of the unit however, so it is a risky move with all of his points in 1 basket.

Seems legal to me aswell. I haven't had to face something similar to this yet however.

It is legal, it was one of the first things elves began discussing when khaine released. It is a nasty combo. In m area there is only me and one other gamer currently, so no idea on if it's common.

My buddy is playing a HOTEK list with a bunch of Phoenix Guard pushing Hellebron on the Cauldron. It is pretty nasty. And he keeps big bricks of glade guard with poison arrows on each side. Apparently the Cauldron or Hellbron or something has an ability that everything within 6 inches rerolls to wound. So he rerolls all those archer shots. It's nasty.

Yep, that would be the cauldron of blood, luckily hellbron is super flimsy with basically no save whatsoever, so you kill her off and the unit loses 2 attacks per model, better yet, just death snipe her unprotected butt, and laugh.

Demian

Vampire Count
True Blood
She'd have a 5+ Ward Save from the Cauldron. I forgot about the re-rolls on 6'' from the Cauldron. That is indeed nasty

EDIT: Quick question too: does the Cauldron count as 3x5 when joined with infantry?

Last edited:

Demian

Vampire Count
True Blood
It can only be taken as a mount, as far as I know. For Death hags / Hellebron.

That's correct. Most people will stick a Death hag BSB on there, usually with MR, but I guess its a bit redundant with BOTWD