• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Emerging from the deep wood.

Hello VC forum. I'm currently in the middle of trying to get through my long built up Fantasy backlog of models to build paint and then get on the table for games. One of the armies I've got is a moderate collection of Vampire Counts. I'm not especially interested in Age of Sigmar and would rather play Fantasy, either 8th because it is the most recent, or whatever edition an opponent is particularly wed to if it is good for getting games. For now I'm mostly trying to learn 8th.

I've almost finished painting the first 2k of High Elves that I have so the next thing will be getting about 2k of Vampire Counts ready so that I have two armies to lure in players who would like to play some Fantasy but don't have an army right now. My sister has expressed a strong interest in playing Vamps because of their pretty sweet monstrous aesthetic.

I've got some questions that I'll put up on the World That Was section when I've got a bit more time. For now I must flee, the children of the dark wood will soon be upon me and they wax with nervous energy.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Welcome to the forum :). I believe that there are still a number of members here who play eighth edition Fantasy, so I'm sure that you'll be able to receive valuable input on any questions that you want to ask. I hope that you enjoy being a member of this community.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
@emptyhat Welcome to the forums, there's shed loads of info for 8th Ed around here and there's even a pretty sweet guide called 'Sunny & Najo's Handbook' here too. Well worth a read if you're just getting into the game.

Last edited: