• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II OOC Empire Map

The Dread King said:
Clownface is awesome, but a new miniature is definitely what Nagash needs. He's too awesome not to have a new miniature.

But if they make it Failcast, then I'll scream my head off in horror.
He definitely needs a new miniature. One that does all that awesomesauce justice!

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
The Dread King said:
Nah, Manny is more powerful than him now. Just read the latest fluff; the Carsteins all work for Nagash now, and Manny leads the fanboy club. Many people don't like this, but I'm lovin' it. If there's new vampires fluff, its gonna be Nagash, just look at how the latest story about Mannfred ends (read the VC army book fluff section; it could also be found in white dwarf).
Then Vlad will come back to save them from Nagash ebulness!

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
The Dread King said:
Nah, Manny is more powerful than him now. Just read the latest fluff; the Carsteins all work for Nagash now, and Manny leads the fanboy club. Many people don't like this, but I'm lovin' it. If there's new vampires fluff, its gonna be Nagash, just look at how the latest story about Mannfred ends (read the VC army book fluff section; it could also be found in white dwarf).
I think Vlad will be back at some point, they have wrote lore to say he is coming back, just a matter of when.

In regards to Mannfred though.
In game rules he is more powerful, in the books Vlad is.
Vlad was much older, allot better fighter, much better tactician and knew more as well.
You have to remember that Vlad Was at nagashes side for years and had dozens of books he studied from.
Mannfred managed to get only one of these which he had to travel to the land of the dead to learn to read.
In the new lore as well Mannfred is trying to bring back Nagash, in the old he was already back so Mannfred has not been taught by Nagash as Vlad was.

Mannfred is strong but its like comparing Aborash and Walach. As good as Walach is Aborash will batter him about.
Did Mannfred ever cause storms just by becoming angry?... Did Mannfred raise all the dead of Sylvania in one spell which had that night in the Warhammer world to be known then on as the day of the dead?
Vlad is still listed as the first and greatest of the vampire counts and beats Mannfred in nearly anything with the exception of in game magic which is not accurate, they just had to balance the system but Vlad looks that good and owns that hard all whilst having a full head of hair....
Poor Bald Manny.

Edit: Vlad did cause Nagash his victory once before, I'm sure he won't mind doing it again. ;)

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
Vlad could probably come back they brought him back once in a Gotrek and Felix short story unfortunately he wasn't fully himself. I would actually laugh if the elf princess Manny kidnapped was actually not innocent and was secretly evil or something.

The map is pretty awesome too.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Indeed it was and he got beaned with a candle stick but he was severely weakened at that point.
Coming back from the dead kinda takes it out of you.

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
goulking88 said:
That was Mannfred
SPOILER

Yes mannfred was there too though the group of necromancers tried bringing Vlad back by using Mannfred (who they saw as a traitor) as a sacrifice then Gotrek stormed in because he wanted to kill mannfred resulting in the ritual going funny turning Vlad's remains into a vargulf which recognized Mannfred attacking him,
it was in the short story Charnal Congress but unsure if actually cannon fluff