• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I found this fantastic Empire map online, thought it would be useful for us.

[attachment=1912]

Attachments

• Empire Map Project.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 42

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Ooh that is good. I didn't quite realise Sylvania wasn't that far north..

Krushnieva

Zombie
Jan 17, 2013
Yorktown, VA
Long time lurker and VC player and first time poster.

It's funny that this led me to FINALLY post, but that's actually my Map!

I'm glad it's found some use. I believe I have a more updated version. See the attachment.

If anyone has any questions about it or comments, let me know!

As far as the whole of the map goes, I took from as MANY official sources as I could. As we all know, the mapping has been inconsistent over the years, but this is a pretty darn close representation. The Sylvania stuff mainly came out of the supplement "Night's Dark Masters" from WFRP 3nd edition.

Also, there's some stuff on the map that is a creation of my own. My own Vampire Lord takes residence around the area in Sylvania called Rivenmoor. You'll see it on the map. ;)

EDIT: Oh, also, make sure you know how to naviagate LAYERS in a PDF as it is critical for viewing this. You'll find it cluttered otherwise...

Attachments

• Empire Map.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 32

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Thanks man, the map is absolutely great! Much better than anything GW would ever give us :rolleyes: typical eh?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Thank you! Great to see your on CN as well. I dont suppose you created any other maps? I did try looking to see if there were others for the rest of the old world but couldn't find any?

Krushnieva

Zombie
Jan 17, 2013
Yorktown, VA
Lucifer said:
Thanks man, the map is absolutely great! Much better than anything GW would ever give us :rolleyes: typical eh?

Thanks! I tried to capture as much as I could on it. With layered PDFs you can have all sorts of things. It's got a layer that shows the nobility of the areas, one with the trade zones (and relative wealth levels on the actual towns/cities), one with the provincial territories, etc...

Mello

True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
Yeah I found that, the trade zones are particularily good :bowdown: We need more people like you in the WD team.. rather than matt **** Ward

Krushnieva

Zombie
Jan 17, 2013
Yorktown, VA
Disciple of Nagash said:
Thank you! Great to see your on CN as well. I don't suppose you created any other maps? I did try looking to see if there were others for the rest of the old world but couldn't find any?

Disciple, No, I tend to focus on the Empire as that's where 90% of my WFRP adventures take place. My other main WFB army is Empire as well.

This took so damn long to make, It'd be hard to get me motivated to do any more maps. Hah!

That being said, I'm always refining this one. Especially where Monster lairs and tribes are located. Any insight would be helpful.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
As someone who used to draw my own maps by hand, this is a superb piece of work. It far surpasses anything that I ever managed, and it's a great resource.

I really like the fact that you've included lots of smaller places on the map, and included a lot more detail than GW ever has.

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
How did I miss this before!

*downloads map*

Might be useful even for me in the future x)

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Some great work there mate.
I only need to question why is Waldenhoff listed as a small settlement/ town?

I still have it one of the books somewhere that Waldenhoff is the capital of Slavania. (Drakenhoff is a castle with a small town to supply it)

I'm totally saving this map for later, no clue what for but it is sure to be awesome. XD

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Duke Danse Macabre said:
Some great work there mate.
I only need to question why is Waldenhoff listed as a small settlement/ town?

I still have it one of the books somewhere that Waldenhoff is the capital of Slavania. (Drakenhoff is a castle with a small town to supply it)

I'm totally saving this map for later, no clue what for but it is sure to be awesome. XD

Waldenhof is the de jure (technical/official) capital of Sylvania but Drakenhof is the de facto (actual) capital.

So it makes sense that Drakenhof would out grow Waldenhof over time.

Also in the TVC time line Drakenhof has become the Official seat of the Government for the Triumvirate's Territories.

And to my main point, that map is awesome :D

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Drakenhof is the seat of power but not the capital.
A capital city can not be in fact a castle but at the same time in war the castles are what you need to control rather than the cities as they over see the main roads and what have you.

It has been some thousand years though and it is still substantially smaller.

In the TVC yes but in the lore it is not, its akin to saying London is not the capital but in fact Windsor castle is. (obviously not but a equal representation, I would say tower of London but being in the city does not help in this regard)
Regardless the only reason Drakenhof came to power was the Von Drak family, the capital far out dates themselves but that was the ruling families ancestral home.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Duke Danse Macabre said:
A capital city can not be in fact a castle but at the same time in war the castles are what you need to control rather than the cities as they over see the main roads and what have you.

In the TVC yes but in the lore it is not, its akin to saying London is not the capital but in fact Windsor castle is. (obviously not but a equal representation, I would say tower of London but being in the city does not help in this regard)
Regardless the only reason Drakenhof came to power was the Von Drak family, the capital far out dates themselves but that was the ruling families ancestral home.

In the Lore it's been stated to be the that Sylvania is now the De Jure Capital.
Night Masters p.g. 90

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Get of W said:
Duke Danse Macabre said:

In the Lore it's been stated to be the that Sylvania is now the De Jure Capital.
Night Masters p.g. 90

As I am out and about without the book to hand I will ask.
"To be the that Sylvania"

Is there a word thats been missed out by accident as I can't make sense of the sentence.
I will however have a hunt for printed sources that show Waldenhoff as the capital, just tonight my goals are to read the new chaos army book. :thumbsup:

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Duke Danse Macabre said:
Get of W said:
Duke Danse Macabre said:

Night Masters p.g. 90

As I am out and about without the book to hand I will ask.
"To be the that Sylvania"

Is there a word thats been missed out by accident as I can't make sense of the sentence.
I will however have a hunt for printed sources that show Waldenhoff as the capital, just tonight my goals are to read the new chaos army book. :thumbsup:

I don't think so, I don't have the book anymore though.

Mind you I'm not saying it makes sense :tongue:
Legally and officially Waldenhoff would still be the capital but the center of "Government" and power is Drakenhof. That's all I was saying :)

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
I will give you that.
The Center of Government in the times of the vampires is Drakenhof without a doubt as it is in essence a fortress, can't think of a safer place to rule from.
Also when you don't need food to sustain you're armies requiring crops and the people to crow them which come with towns and cities is a waste of time unless you want a midnight snack.

The capital city though as the realms major population center is Waldenhoff.

Damn it I wish they would just hurry up and bring back Vlad, Mannfred needs a spanking.

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
Duke Danse Macabre said:
I will give you that.
The Center of Government in the times of the vampires is Drakenhof without a doubt as it is in essence a fortress, can't think of a safer place to rule from.
Also when you don't need food to sustain you're armies requiring crops and the people to crow them which come with towns and cities is a waste of time unless you want a midnight snack.

The capital city though as the realms major population center is Waldenhoff.

Damn it I wish they would just hurry up and bring back Vlad, Mannfred needs a spanking.

I am really surprised Vlad has not been brought back yet. Wonder if GW plans a new vampire war with him at the head at some point!

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Nah, Manny is more powerful than him now. Just read the latest fluff; the Carsteins all work for Nagash now, and Manny leads the fanboy club. Many people don't like this, but I'm lovin' it. If there's new vampires fluff, its gonna be Nagash, just look at how the latest story about Mannfred ends (read the VC army book fluff section; it could also be found in white dwarf).

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Clownface is awesome, but a new miniature is definitely what Nagash needs. He's too awesome not to have a new miniature.

But if they make it Failcast, then I'll scream my head off in horror.

Krushnieva

Zombie
Jan 17, 2013
Yorktown, VA
Just getting back to reading the rest of this thread.

The settlement sizes are not in any relation to their status. They're mapped based on their size. These numbers I largely gathered from the WRFP 2nd Ed Sigmar's Heirs.

Also,

I've got an updated version of the map. I've changed some of the icon types for some of the special locations to more fit what they are. A few other small tweaks.

Again, remember to open this in Acrobat so you can filter on/off the layers for best effect! :vampire3:

Attachments

• Empire Map.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 6

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu