• Got some models to paint? Want to do it as a challenge in a group who help and encourage each other? Join our Tale of Painters - Third Edition. Any models, any army!

Empire of the Vampire - Jay Kristoff

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
So, is anyone else excited for Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff?

If it’s anything like Nevernight, then it promises to be dark and atmospheric, and Kristoff’s vampires plan to be truly vicious and cruel.

EMPIRE OF THE VAMPIRE

“From holy cup comes holy light.
The faithful hand sets world aright.
And in the seven martyrs’ sight,
Mere man shall end this endless night.”

It has been twenty-seven long years since the last sunrise. For nearly three decades, vampires have waged war against humanity; building their eternal empire even as they tear down our own. Now, only a few tiny sparks of light endure in a sea of darkness.

Gabriel de León is a silversaint: a member of a holy brotherhood dedicated to defending realm and church from the creatures of the night. But even the Silver Order couldn’t stem the tide once daylight failed us, and now, only Gabriel remains.

Imprisoned by the very monsters he vowed to destroy, the last silversaint is forced to tell his story. A story of legendary battles and forbidden love, of faith lost and friendships won, of the Wars of the Blood and the Forever King and the quest for humanity’s last remaining hope:

The Holy Grail.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Sorry dude, that’s my bad; it’s the first in a new trilogy of books by Jay Kristoff - an Australian author.

He writes fantasy and sci-fi and, whilst I’ve never read his sci-fi stuff, Nevernight is most definitely not YA (smut, murder, vengeance, religious tyranny, and enough blood to fill a small ocean, although no vampires).

He’s promised that Empire of the Vampire is going to fall pretty squarely into this same category.

Linked an Instagram Q&A where he talks about it!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Ah I totally got the wrong end of the stick there! On the plus side I love to read so this is an excellent recommendation for me 😁 favourite genres are sci-fi and fantasy so I'll have a look. Cheers @Malochai!

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
No problem at all! I really recommend Nevernight; I'm hoping Empire of the Vampire will be amazing as well (I have currently got four Exclusive editions on order)!