• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Entry Thread. Halloween 2017 Special Challenge

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
As per suggestion of @Theerteen , we're hosting this year a rather spontaneous competition themed about Halloween. Yes, it's only 1,5 weeks to the day itself, but we don't expect masterpieces, just some festive fun ;)

Theme: Halloween

Conditions: Just enter a painted model or models with a Halloween theme.

The Prize: The author of the best mini earns the glory and a place in the Hall of Infamy thread.

The Schedule: The deadline is theoretically, of course, halloween (31.10.2017) but looking at the amount of time given, I will extend it as long as someone will inform us that they are still in the Halloween mood and are working on something.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
1,5 weeks?? Are you kidding me?? How are we supposed... ok sorry xD thanks for posting ;) I'll see what'll be best to throw in!

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
No horsing around, let me get this challenge galloping:

Behold, Blutmane von Nachthoof, a genuine Blood Dragon horse!
I took the idea provided by @Unas the slayer in the other topic, so cheers to him for sharing it xD

The spooky backstory:
Ever since the times of ancient Lahmia and first vampires, words were spoken about a mysterious terror galloping through the nights, searching for worthy challengers. He changed his names many times through the ages, but now he's known as Blutmane von Nachthoof, the stallion of blood. Countless men, women and beasts were felled by him and even empires crumbled because of his influence - and nobody knows how he does it because anyone that saw him drawing a sword died. If you ever hear someone challenging you using horse puns, know that Blutmane has come for you.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FwYLGH70.jpg&hash=a7037221aa4191770153ac763b7077b0

Last edited:

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Well, never one to miss a bonus challenge here is a grotesque little mini I painted up especially for Halloween. Well, 2 minis actually but as they are busts they are each only 1/2 a mini...right? :clown: Seriously though perhaps @Borgnine or someone can decide which pic/mini looks best and just use those photos in the voting thread if you feel entering 2 minis is unfair? Threw the book at these guys using blood, slime, rust, verdigris, corrosion, cracked paint, and gloss varnish to give them a nice fresh, wet look.

The Progenitor...and it's Hatchling.

The Progenitor
The Hatchling

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
@robtion it's a very casual challenge, so I don't see any problems allowing two minis to be used here. I changed the rules a bit to accommodate multiple models - because why not? ;)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Yep, like her. If there's any chance I have time until the weekend, I'll throw mine too. Too much modeling work that has to harden.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
@Farmer7574 You have spooky flaming ghost skeletons and you ask if they are Halloween-themed? Of course they are! Not a bit less than my vampire horse, which doesn't have any pumpkins on him either ;)

Absolutely brilliant entries in this thread! Maybe this should've been the topic for Turning the World to darkness. Maybe no one will notice me sneaking in an entry even if the deadline has ended? ;)
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi1072.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fw372%2Fdrphiliro%2FMobile%2520Uploads%2F20171101_203411_zpswffsoapj.jpg&hash=021112cda15190ea72dab19624808253