• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Welcome, one and all, to he Holiday Edition of the Turning the World to Darkness competition!

In the Turning the World to Darkness we pick a different theme each time, and the goal is to represent the theme or find ways to turn it to the ways of undead!

As the name suggests, the aim of this competition is to translate the holiday spirit into the world of undeath, or vice-versa!

So deck the halls with bones of unholy, for it's the season to be jolly in a good old fashioned funky undead way!

In case you need some inspiration to get that holiday spirit going, be sure to check the older instances of this competition on the following links: 2012, 2013, 2017, 2019, 2020

Original models (sculpts) and conversions are allowed.

The Prize: The winner earns the glory and a place in the Hall of Infamy thread and a forum medal once they are available.

The Rules:
  • All models entered should not have been painted more than a year ago from the date the entry thread is closed. This will not be enforced but violators will politely be asked to retract their entry.
  • All miniatures presented must have been painted by the entrant.
  • Max one entry per person.
  • Max 3 images per entry (including pictures in collages), of reasonable size.
  • No voting for your own entry.
  • No model can be entered into several challenges.
  • Open entries and open voting. Everyone can see who painted what.
  • Models can be of any manufacturer and conversion but must fulfill all the criteria of the given theme.

The Schedule:

Week 1: Theme announcement and entry thread created
Week 6: Entry thread closed. Voting thread opened.
Week 8: Voting thread closed. Result announced. Winner asked about next theme.

This thread is now open for people to post their entries. Please state a name of the entry along with the pictures. The thread closes on the 31st of January 2021 at (roughly) 23:59 CET (but we are not in a hurry, we can easily extend it if someone needs to finish their entry). You can also comment and discuss in this thread, it is not restricted exclusively for entries.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
To make sure. The entry this time is anything you turned into undead?

The main point of this one is to either:
- take an undead model/unit and make it more "christmasy" - Santa hats, elf clothes, reindeer's, sugar canes etc. (or in line with some other holiday that is celebrated at this time of the year if the person wants to represent it)
- take an already "christmasy" model and make it more undead

But as it's holidays and the more entries the merrier, anything (AoS, 40k and beyond) that has been converted/painted to fit the holiday theme and spirit will do. 🙂 Also, you can see the examples of what I mean in the links I posted in the first post. 😉

Cthulhu

Grave Guard
Jan 22, 2012
Been racking my brain for a way to make something I've painted recently fit the theme, but I got nothing unfortunately. Would love to chuck something in the next contest if I can!

MedMos

Ghoul
Sep 15, 2015
Lundby, Sjælland
Good news (for me) is, I got an awesome new job! Bad news (for my hobby) is, it's eaten all my time the past weeks... So I'm afraid I won't be able to enter this one. If, by some miracle, I get some time for hobbying, I'll try and get something done.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Quite simple Unas the slayer , you are the winner of the 2021 Holiday Edition and your entry is now featured in the Hall of Fame thread! 😁

However, the theme of the next competition will be picked by The Sun King who won the October/November 2021 competiton (this has nothing to do with the number of entries, it was planned even before this competition was set up).

So, expect a new competition to be up soon™! 🙂

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu