• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

{VIPER}

Zombie
Apr 7, 2015
Australia
Hi All,

Just wondering what the common opinion of elves in the end times is? We have a few elves players in our group but oddly enough none of them have actually used the EoT elves at all at this stage. There was talk of giving them a go so was wondering what others experiences against or with the army was?

Aestryrion, Phoenix King, Eternity King etc? Are these armies OP or OTT at all?

I think I read that Eternity King lists we're pretty insane, but are they any more insane than some of the other rule aspects of EoT?

I know for one thing that the Khaine magic was a bit silly so we didn't use that in our games.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Hello there

Definitely stay away from Khaine magic.
EK lists can dish out some major damage as they combine Martial and Murderous Prowess. Their special characters are pretty strong as well. Malekith the Eternity King is hated by most players as he is very hard to kill and can dish out a good deal of damage (as well as give a unit an extra move.) the Queen is a healing machine and Imrik is a pretty solid choice as well.
The other two lists are good but are mostly just for fluff reasons as EK dominates.
I personally feel the unified chaos army is far superior since they added skaven in the final ET book, giving chaos shooting was the one thing they needed.

It needs to be said that some undead players have trouble beating elves. I play all five races (TK, VC , high elves, dark elves and asrai) so I know them inside and out. If they give you trouble with Malekith, bring nagash and cackle maniacally.

Reactions: Dragonet

{VIPER}

Zombie
Apr 7, 2015
Australia
Thanks for that. I think it kind of goes without saying of whats going to be fun and not to play against.
EK sounded straight up crazy with the extra rerolling on an already rolly army.

Although I dont think Malekith would make an appearance in any case as nobody has that model from my knowledge.
Haha I do have Nagash but have never used him, I just wanted the model because I had to.

Mostly we just see Undead Legions and maybe some chaos mixed with beasts and daemons, none of that has seemed to out there to me yet. But I agree, the Skaven with Chaos sounds pretty brutal.

Dragonet

Wight King
Feb 3, 2015
Bromley
Great to see another Undead/Elf player. I always wanted Elves as a second army, of all things because I love the classic plastic spearmen! End Times inspired me first to complete my Undead Legion, then to work Wood and Dark Elf models into my collection to create a single Elf army in the same vein as the Legion: three playable armies plus the End Times lists out of a single set of models!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu