• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Erroneous PAge Count

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
In several of the threads I visit, namely at this point in time the 'Frost LEgion Signup' thread, too lazy to link it, it's saying there are 4 pages but there are in reality only 3. And whenever I clcik on the 4'th page it obviously can't find it.

Thing is, this is really annoying when I go to the 'Newest Posts' options and it gives me broken links. =/ No fun.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Often happens when posts have been deleted or something in the thread. Best way to avoid it is just go to the page beforehand and make a new post to "officially" create the new page.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
It's a rounding error. It always happens when the amount of posts are equal to a multiple of the Posts per page you have.

Example:
You have your settings to have 25 posts per Thread. A thread gets 75 posts. It is likely you will see 4 pages, not 3 like it is supposed to be.

I'm guessing the coding for this says that there's 3.0000000000000001 pages and rounds up. But that's just a guess.

What is not a guess is this ALWAYS happens when it's a multiple.

Cheers