• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

ETC vote on new system for 2016 (Eng)

I would imagine there would be some serious comp yeah. But there's just no way it will with the majority of Europe just not caring at all.

The Sun King

Imperator
True Blood
Who cares? If the ETC does not choose Age of Sigmar it will just slowly die or become a very obscure niche at best.

As opposed to the quite obscure niche it was pre-AoS? Interest for next summer will be down whatever they choose so to that extent you're right.

Dragonet

Wight King
I hope you're right Blutslauger; from the positive response AoS has received and its non-tournament inception I'm sad to say I don't think GW's going to bat an eyelid over the decision, they'll sell models regardless.

I'm British so the ETC didn't have too much effect on the tournament scene and comp under 8th, only one or two events used it, but as I understand it mainland Europe's scene was very much organised around the current year's AR and comp. So it's perhaps not a big deal for GW, but the decision will shape the European tournament scene drastically for the future.

The Sun King

Imperator
True Blood
Seen from a danish perspective it doesn't matter at all. It is the same small group of players who go every year so it's not really a big event.

Draykorinee

Grave Guard
Denmark are in the top 5 all time medal winners, seems weird that it 'doesn't matter at all', maybe on a personal level, like for me its an irrelevance as I'll never go, but its a massive benefit to the companies who make these games, I know Mantic are super keen to get selected for such a big event.

That being said, I read that this years one was abysmal and ended up going in the red.

Dragonet

Wight King
It's exciting indeed! My group's stuck to 8th pre-End Times so I haven't tried 9th yet, but I'm glad it's there.

Yeah I'm getting quite excited about it too, first 9th age tourney for the UK was announced yesterday at the NWGC, bit of a trek for me but I might go. There's also talk on TWF about making KoW a side event at the ETC; maybe smaller 4/5 man teams or something.

Oppenheimer

Crypt Horror
Some fan made rules won? That's bizarre. I agree with how my country (Canada) voted. But then I don't go to tournaments so it doesn't really matter what I think.

Eyeless

Wight King
It was to be expected. the community wanted a change and AoS was a big let down from a competitive point of view. The community got together and did the rules themselves. It's very likely that it will be a highly voted option.