• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Dragonet

Wight King
Feb 3, 2015
Bromley
I was very glad to see the Undead Legion list during End Times; although perhaps not as well balanced as one may wish, I was elated to finally see the Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings reunited, and our catapults and chariots returned with interest! I was also surprised but very interested to see the Elves recombined into new army lists for the tectonic shifts in their societies.

I am very inspired by the use of factions or sectorials within armies in other wargames, primarily Infinity, where limited selections within a larger 'combined' or 'unbound' army list renders advantages such as link teams, troop bonuses or availability of troops unique to the faction, occasionally from different armies.

I'm interested in exploring the possibility of bringing something like this into my Warhammer; I'm collecting combined Undead and Elves with the primary and simple solution of playing them in the original army book 'factions', but expanding on these by creating alternate factions; so far I've only considered 'Revenants', armies of skeletons led by powerful Wight Lords, and 'Corpsemaster' ie necromancer led armies.
. Is this worth pursuing now that WHFB has been discontinued?
. Any more ideas for different factions within the Undead Legions or Elven Kingdoms?
. Would the bloodlines each merit a separate faction?
. Could you see this method applied to other groupings of armies (Chaos; Men and Dwarfs; Orcs, Goblins and Ogres)?

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
I think there were some missed opportunities with ET Legions releases. Dwarves, High Elves, and Empire to reunite the band. Brets and Wood Elves because they worship the same lady. Dark Elves with Slaanesh because nipple tassels? Clan Pestilins with Nurgle marked WoC/Beastmen, and Nurgle DoC. That kinda leaves OnG and OK left to make OnOnG, though I would have liked Ogres to be allowed mercs for any army.

Reactions: Dragonet

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Time to fanboy it...

Lahmians with 0-1 units of bretts, high elf/druchii heroes serving as enthralled swains!!

Would never happen but wow how cool it would've been!

Reactions: Dragonet

Dragonet

Wight King
Feb 3, 2015
Bromley
I guess the obvious one drawing from earlier Vampire Counts lists would be Von Carsteins, access to Empire State Troops as Special or Rare?

Dragonet

Wight King
Feb 3, 2015
Bromley
I suppose in the end any themed army can be homebrewed. After looking through previous threads I guess this is really just another take on the bloodline lists, expanded into Undead Legions and transposed onto other races. Ah well...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu