• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II OOC Feedback

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
the hidden one said:
And I too think I have been guilty of not realizing karl's aura, though I don't think that it would work as much on me, seeing as I never made eye contact and didn't ever get very close to him.
From Igor's limited presence in the Great Hall I wouldn't worry about it too much.
At most the aura would have made him think "Oh that Karl chap is a rather impressive Lord!" :tongue: But since he didn't really interact with him it wasn't worth noting.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
I did almost face palm when Graveclaw came bowling in a Simon (loved how Simon resolved it).
So how do you expect Graveclaw to react its Graveclaw are you expecting him to write down how he's feeling in a journal Graveclaw came into Drakenholf with the express intent of eating every vampire and necromancer within an as everyone knows once you do that the other undead crumble and Mortals are slow and easy to avoide

Kavok

Wight King
goulking88 said:
Mortals are slow and easy to avoide
Ok... *goes and sits in a corner*

(I'm actually finding a weak character to have its good points... Lots more opportunities to make jokes about the character...)

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Kavok said:
goulking88 said:
Mortals are slow and easy to avoide
Ok... *goes and sits in a corner*

(I'm actually finding a weak character to have its good points... Lots more opportunities to make jokes about the character...)
Don't listen to them, Kavoks a baus

But in all seriousness I find Kavok's posts very interesting, especially his inner monologue

Yeah, I think one of the most interesting characters is kavok, because he can improve a lot from being a random knight. While the vampires can't get physically much better, he can still improve a ton.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
I do agree, Kavok makes a nice contrast with all the vampires around. However, no offense but I think Igor should interact more with the other members of the Council. If all he does is skulk in the shadows without ever conversing with anyone, then that makes him that much less interesting.

I did start to think that he should be more social, but he is not very social. He kind of understands alastor, but he feels nothing but contempt for all the blood dragons, so he really doesn't care to talk to them.

Kavok

Wight King
Just something I've found out from my experience role playing... As awesome as the silent bad-ass sort of character is, they end up being boring to play. It can be done, but your going to have to find some way to have your character express himself. I've found that putting more detail in body language, or basically just expressing things through expressions (and its fun playing charades sometimes with the other people), but without some form of communication with the rest of the players will cause you and your character to be isolated and relatively boring to play after everyone else has already been communicating and developing relationships and characters.

Something another RPer said one time, that I've grudgingly had to agree with for situations like this, the mark of a good role player isn't saying that your character can't do something because its out of character, but to instead find an in character way to do what you want him to. (can't remember his exact words, so I probably over complicated it, and made it a lot more wordy, but meh...) Also, I say I grudgingly agree because I largely just act as though I'm over watching my character do what ever he would in-characterly do. But I'm getting off-topic... Just try to find some way to have your character express himself, or you'll probably find your getting bored with the RP because your character is completely detached from everyone else.

I'm not trying to tell you to completely change your character, but you may want to think about what your expecting out of your character and how your thinking it will happen. Just trying to help some, so you can ignore this post if you want. I could be just talking out my rear here about slight differences between the RPs I'm used to and these sorts of RPs.

Thanks kavok, this is my first real online RP and I really have little expeirence doing any roleplaying. I will take your advice to heart!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I agree as well that I do like Kavok - having a mortal involved makes it much more interesting and you a doing a great job at the moment.

Ghouly - I know Graveclaw hates vampires etc, however from a personal point of view you post did not work for me, mainly because of:

• It contrasts with the development Graveclaw had in the original TVC. At the start he came across as dumb / one track minded. However throughout the RP he showed he had a good deal of intelligence and thought, not just a mindless monstrosity.
  • Secondly this was Drakenhof. Graveclaw is powerful, but then so are the others. The chances of him bowling all the way through Drakenhof without being noticed is nominal.
  • Finally, that kind of action was over the top for me. If that had actually stuck (as in, it was actually Simon he attacked like that), Simon would have been more than justified having the full strength of the Carstein army come down on Graveclaw and at least capture him.

Basically coming in a beating the crap out of one of the strongest other characters was just too over the top for me.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
  • It contrasts with the development Graveclaw had in the original TVC. At the start he came across as dumb / one track minded. However throughout the RP he showed he had a good deal of intelligence and thought, not just a mindless monstrosity.
  • Secondly this was Drakenhof. Graveclaw is powerful, but then so are the others. The chances of him bowling all the way through Drakenhof without being noticed is nominal.
  • Finally, that kind of action was over the top for me. If that had actually stuck (as in, it was actually Simon he attacked like that), Simon would have been more than justified having the full strength of the Carstein army come down on Graveclaw and at least capture him.
1. what development Graveclaw may have come to respect Lesa and Vekarin but he would have murdered ether on them in a heartbeat the rest of the council could have eaten dirt and died for all he cared

2. Graveclaw smashed down the front door and charged down the hallway into the council chamber there was very little to bar his way

3. Graveclaw would have torn every Vampire in Drakenholf to ribbons and been gone before the Carstine forces could have mobolized and with no necromancy the undead would crumbled and the mortal soldiers Graveclaw could easily have left them in his dust

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Wait, Graveclaw can single handedly destroy the ENTIRE carstein army???:mummy: :scared:

Bounce

Varghulf
As i said earlier your character is way overpowered. I don't understand why this is allowed and everyone else was told no that sounds too strong

Mello

True Blood
because he played in the entire of the previous TVC bounce, he has some leeway

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
goulking88 said:
Disciple of Nagash said:
1. what development Graveclaw may have come to respect Lesa and Vekarin but he would have murdered ether on them in a heartbeat the rest of the council could have eaten dirt and died for all he cared

2. Graveclaw smashed down the front door and charged down the hallway into the council chamber there was very little to bar his way

3. Graveclaw would have torn every Vampire in Drakenholf to ribbons and been gone before the Carstine forces could have mobolized and with no necromancy the undead would crumbled and the mortal soldiers Graveclaw could easily have left them in his dust
I am sorry and I know I might have no right to comment on this as I am not yet apart of TVC nor have I seen how things in the past developed but that is powerful to the point where it's damaging to roleplay. Smash front door what literally announces his arrival, then be able to kill everything at such speed that a force large enough to opose him cant even mobilize in time?

But ah well, no offense meant and all that x) /luring in the threads.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Serethia said:
that is powerful to the point where it's damaging to roleplay.
This. Even with leeway considered, I object to ghoulking's comments. If Graveclaw attempted to murder Lesa or Vekarin from TVC1, then that would have been quite a fight, but my money would not be on Graveclaw. Likewise, if Graveclaw attempted to take on the entire Carstein army or the whole Council by himself(even the watered down one we currently have), then Graveclaw will die. No single non-GM character can take on all of us at once, nor should that ever be the case. I for one will not accept any one character simply Marty Stu-ing his way through TVC as ghoulking said.

*Marty Stu is the male equivalent of Mary Sue, in case anyone didn't get it

Mello

True Blood
Heh, I thought Marty Stu was some movie hero :clown:

But yeah, graveclaw seems pretty damn powerful, but seeing as we're all gangr*ping ghoully, let's wait for DoN's opinion.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
goulking88 said:

1. No comment

2. Drakenhof is the political centre of the von Carstein Empire, it is not only watched through magical means but by human guards, mindless undead and countless vampires not to mention the loyalist remnants of Akarin's Assassins, there isn't many but they're all in Drakenhof Keep.
Apart from the whole "seeing him coming" there is so much security in Drakenhof that Karl could have had Graveclaw stopped by physical and magical means if he came into the castle unwelcome.

3. I disagree. I believe most of the council would have tried to stop Graveclaw and easily succeeded working together, there's not a hope in hell that the strigoi (as powerful as he is) could stand up to the combat and magical abilities of the gathered vampires and even if he could he would also have had to deal with their guards not to mention the vampiric Regent's Guard.

All that aside it's in the past now so that let's just try and make sure things are more logical (as far as it can be in warhammer! :clown: ) in the future!

@Serethia: Don't worry, if this is anything like the feedback thread in the first TVC then non-players are free to give their suggests and views as well :)

Edit: Just while we're talking about the lovable hulk, is Graveclaw with us fighting the Skaven atm?

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Sorry Ghouly but that is not acceptable.

Graveclaw is powerful but far from unstoppable. One on one he may be one of the most powerful, but you are very much mistaken if you think he could take on all the vampires by himself and win.

Nor could he take on a full army. He may do some damage but he would die. Even Lesa or Vekarin which were pretty much the most powerful characters in the original TVC could not do this.

Those points aside I will simply not allow it. The allowance on using these more powerful characters from the first TVC was that they were used responsibly and not going over the top. The comments you made above do not reflect that.

If you want to keep on using Graveclaw you will need to rein in how powerful you are making him act, and also put away the Crown of Nagash. It is supposed to be hidden, not used as a piece of bling.

Kavok

Wight King
Get of W said:
Edit: Just while we're talking about the lovable hulk, is Graveclaw with us fighting the Skaven atm?
No, I don't think he is currently in the fight. We started out with a fight against normal humans, and Graveclaw wouldn't have had any role in that so I assume that is why he didn't join. He probably would have tried to maul the vampires for attacking the humans... So I don't think he has been in the fight at all up to this point.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
I didn't say graveclaw could take on the entire carstine armie I said he could take on the carstines and then avoid the Carstines forces.

and as for taking on the entire council I know Graveclaw would die brutaly but Graveclaw is psycho enough to try anyways.

and the crown is around Graveclaws neck becuse thats where it is safest in Graveclaws mind if someone can get it then Graveclaw will be beyond caring becuse he will be dead.

Mello

True Blood
Ah apologies, I misconceived that you said that Ghoully and everyone read my post, apologies.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Ghouly - personally I think you are underselling Graveclaw by having him acting like a mindless psycho. He started off in the TVC like that, but developed into a character that had some depth of thought / feeling in contrast with his appearance and actions. That made for excellent reading, however he almost seems like he has regressed now.

However he is your character and your choice on how to portray him. Just pleased bear in mind that he must be used responsibly with his current stats.