• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Fel Bats Base Size (round base?)

So, I have been proxxing VC for a while. Been playing O&G for about 7 months now, have had a great time but it's time for the dark side of me. Anywho, I bought some felbats and low and behold they come with some weird see though round bottom base. I ask the guy do you have any 40mm bases? He says, you don't need em they are flyers. Well, every picture I've seen has them on 40's so???? Am I crazy or could I just not glue the base they came with to a square 40mm? What is the right thing to do?

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
They should be on 40mm bases... I had the same problem with my Lizardmen Terradons, but had a few spare 40mm bases so survived. It's annoying that you sometimes need to buy a new set of bases...

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
One of those things that have puzzled me for years - why round bases on the fell bats. I have yet to receive a satisfactory answer.

As EVC says, 40mm.

Arion

Vampire Lord
True Blood
I have an explaination.....,i think its because its easier to put a flying pole into a predone hole,rather than drill one.But GW does like money,could be another way to ferret it out.