• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Fighting Khorne

@logan054... what type "Bring your worst" ? It's ok, once in a while, as long as both players are aware of the fact and are prepared for it. It's like playing "Worst Army", you don;t do it all the time but it shakes things up once in a while.

We also play another 'variant' that we called "best general" where both players show up with a list where they have enough models to play 2 armies with the same list. Then we randomly choose which of the two lists we play and battle it out mano e mano.

Ex: I create a valid 1500pts VC list that I could field twice and bring my models for the 2 armies.

My opponent built a 1500pts HE list that he could field twice.

We tossed, and it came out HE... so we played (HE vs HE) there are no excuses (bar luck or lack thereof) as both lists are the same.

It was pretty fun. ( even though I lost... I was sooo unlucky ;) )

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
what type hey? i still dont see how you would enjoy that kind of game, the random army bit sounds interesting however.

the 'random army' removes the "i have the besst build so I win" from the game and shows who can fare the best using the exact same army... very interesting. Also, you get to see how someone else would play the army you made (and sometime you learn some interesting tricks).

as for not liking "bring your worst" thats fine, you are entitled to your likes and dislikes. for me, it's just a way of trying the cheesiest army without feeling bad, as my opponent is doing the same.