• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Realjuan

Zombie
Jun 30, 2014
Congratulations its looks lovely.
Question when is the Move-in party? Will the whole forum fit in, or should we bring tents to camp in the garden?

• Haha
Reactions: Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Thanks very much guys 😁 already started the fun work of stripping back wallpaper, 5 layers deep in some places!😳 Pretty much the whole house is papered so lots of work😅

Question when is the Move-in party? Will the whole forum fit in, or should we bring tents to camp in the garden?

I'm sure we can squeeze you all in, you guys don't mind really snuggling up together right? 😉

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
It is chockful, and luckily I've got an understanding missus who doesn't think I'm totally bonkers when I plan to put secret passageways etc - always wanted a house with stuff like that since I was a kid! 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Grave Tacticus

Azakael

Skeleton
Home ownership is a blessing and a curse. I have the room for all my stuff! I have to spend money and time on maintaining the place and not just on new toys. xD Congrats! (And good luck on the secret passages. Need one that leads outside so you can sneak in new models. "What? This? I've had it for a while now. Nono, it's not a brand-new release.")

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
What? This? I've had it for a while now. Nono, it's not a brand-new release.
I could do that with models and motorbikes!

In all honesty, I'm absolutely shattered. Since we got the keys:
  • Stripped wallpaper in 5 rooms, some of the rooms had up to 7 layers going back decades 😅
  • Stripped wallpaper off the CEILING which I'm still finishing up
  • Sanded various skirting boards and dado rails, priming and prepping for painting
  • Discovered the existing double glazing is shot - had to order 7 never windows (including the main ones at front)
  • Discovered (what will be) the library has loads of blown plastering, as well as other patches in various rooms. Got to get a plasterer in to skim and patch up
  • Boiler needs replacing, on the plus side can get a grant for this so we won't have to pay much to get a new boiler, floor & roof insulation and new vents, all part of a UK Eco grant 😁
  • By the next weekend we need to get both of the young kids bedrooms painted
Sooooo tired but will be worth it. I'll put some WIP pics up if you guys are interested

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I certainly hope so! We've got a few more weeks of hard slog but we're getting loads of help with friends and family 😁

Kassill

Grave Guard
Sep 28, 2011
Woah DON! Congrats all around! I can't even fathom a house over 100+ years old lol. Everything here is built so cheaply... and that car ❤️

Kaptain Von

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2008
United Kingdom
That is a rilly nice house, good find! The outbuilding's cool too; I'm already thinking "what if he walled it off and presto, hobby conservatory!"

Loran

Destroyer of Worlds
Feb 26, 2008
Finland
Congrats on the house, looks amazing!

And I definitely know the loveable qualities of renovating old buildings... Especially stripping old wallpapers, as the wallpaper paste was more or less glue in the back old days and takes a lot of effort to remove 😅 The end results make the work worth it though, so keep on going! 😁

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu