• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Fleeing Multiple Times per Turn

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Had this issue come up in a game.

Unit A charges unit Y, an infantry unit that moves 4". Unit Y flees from the charge successfully.

During the magic phase, a Waaagh! is called, and unit Y is now charged by a Unit B, which it flees again, successfully.

Later in the magic phase, Book of Arkhan is used on unit C and AGAIN unit Y flees successfully from the charge. (crazy flee roles..)

At this point, unit Y has moved around 30" for an infantry unit in a turn (with fleeing through it's own units, etc). I could not find any rule stating a fleeing unit can only flee once per turn. All I've found is under fleeing units that if charged they must flee again.

Is this correct? Is there a rule of one flee response per turn that I'm missing? Or is this the fastest infantry unit out there?

Thanks,
Grish

Arion

Vampire Lord
True Blood
I think you can flee multiple times a turn,though you would get quite tired!

Sethreios

Grave Guard
The only thing I can find in the book, is that they flee if charged. This could therefore mean that as long as they outrun the pursuers, they can flee as many times as they are charged, within the same turn...

rulewise, it's ok but if you think logically: a normal unit (of men) marches 8" in a turn while your fleeing unit flees 30" in the same turn...do they have jetpacks or something? i wouldn't do this but i also don't know how to solve it.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
If the unit flees and doesn't rally before the next charge, and actually is in range, I think the unit is then wiped out. ;)

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
I think there's something in the rules that states that you can flee multiple times, but only once from the same charger. Whether this applies to additional magic charges, I don't know...

Grish

Liche
True Blood
I haven't found anything in the BSB that this is against the rules (they Can flee multiple times a turn).

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
As far as I am aware, under the rules the unit ccan flee multiple times. It may not make sense, but not everything does.

For example, as you can cast the danse Macabre on the same unit multiple times, it is possible, with a bit of luck and three necros, to get a unit of Zombies into combat in Turn 1, with a move of up to 32" :|:| who says slow and shambling!!:lol:

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Yeah, but that's magic propelling them... this is just... adrenaline?

Arion

Vampire Lord
True Blood
How about 3 necros with danse and one count with danse+arkhans book. 40" who says vampires cant tortue dwarves into giving zombies jetpacks!