• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Flesheater corps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello every1! i have been playing seraphon and desided to start a new deatharmy!
before I start to empty my wallet, I´d like some advise on what to buy! Im starting a 2k list and all i know for sure is that i want a GK on terrorgheist and a Mournghoul! im thinking of going 1 vargheist and LOTS of crypthorrors, and buff them with a necromancer. and fill out battleline with zombies.

if any1 has any other lists that they think are stronger, please help me here!

ty

If you wants Crypthorrors, then you cannot fight without a Haunter Courtier. And a Varghulf Courtier.

At that point, with the Varghulf, you should really pick ghouls instead of zombies as battleline.

For an heavier version:
bring the GK on terrorgheis but not as general, use a Haunter Courtier as general, and spam Crypt Horrors as battleline... but the chance to bring back ghouls on rolls of 2+ is pretty good.

With that mix of units your allegiance would need to be generic Death, which would mean you don't get access to any of the more characterful and potent allegiance abilities. It seems like you're leaning towards Flesh-eater Courts, so maybe focus on those units and use the FEC allegiance abilities in the General's Handbook 2018? You can still take a Necromancer as an ally, which I believe a lot of people do as his buff is useful. But you wouldn't be able to take zombies as battleline - your battleline option would have to be ghouls, crypt horrors or crypt flayers, depending on which hero you choose to be your general.

Also, you may want to look at structuring your army/collection around one or more of the battalions in the FEC battletome, as some of them are very good. I think some people would probably say that FEC need those battalion bonuses in order to be effective. If you're concerned about how strong/competitive your list is though, then you're looking at the wrong army! FEC are mid-tier at best.

Every unit in a FEC army is potentially useful, so provided you give a little thought to the structure of your army (general, battline, battalions, etc) you can't go too far wrong. The Start Collecting box is good value and gives you some solid units to start out with. You could even buy two of them, which would form a very solid core to build on.

Welcome aboard, Jamie!
I suggest to say hello with a welcome thread HERE ;)

Anyway, your advices are good, but bodestig93 posted just a couple of messages and he's vanished from this place more than one year ago. I doubt he will read this...

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
As it has been so long since the topic author posted, I agree that this one can rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.