• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Has anyone considered using the Carmine Dragon and it's scythe wielding rider as a Vampire lord on Zombie Dragon?

elspethvdrak3.jpg

elspethvdrak4.jpg

(Obviously, you'd need a serious lottery win first!)

Lynks

Lord of RAW
True Blood
Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
I've certainly thought about using it but the price tag does detract from it's appeal quite a bit, also i'd have preferred to not have that headgear and don't have the green stuff abilities to change it

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
I've been thinking about using her as the wife of my main Vamp Lord from my fluff piece. It's a seriously nice mini; I just haven't put paint on it becuase I don't want to mess it up ...

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Yeah, I hate painting anything I paid a lot of money for, it's a good reason to shop second hand...

Is she (and I guess her seat) completely separate from the dragon model? I wish they sold her separately, I'm sure I could find a way to use her on a cheaper mount. I've got an old metal zombie dragon and terror that need new (female) riders from somewhere, though I doubt she'd work on either.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
She is entirely separate, but the seat is part of the dragon's neck and cannot be removed. I can get some pics if you want?

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Malochai said:
She is entirely separate, but the seat is part of the dragon's neck and cannot be removed. I can get some pics if you want?

That'd be great! It's a lot of money, but I've been kind of in love with this model since it came out, if I can squeeze it into my budget (by selling more old models) I might go for it...

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Shadespyre said:
Malochai said:

That'd be great! It's a lot of money, but I've been kind of in love with this model since it came out, if I can squeeze it into my budget (by selling more old models) I might go for it...

I'll take the photos either later tonight or tomorrow and out them up for you :)

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Sorry about this, I completely forgot :slapface:

Anyways, here are the photos:-

B7092220-7AED-4B9D-936B-89ACBC620639-1766-00000368A63D2DB7.jpg

7892D49D-CE98-4342-B7C6-2C664EA86E90-1766-00000368AC93BC51.jpg

2E743076-6DFA-4E1C-A5CB-648EBCBE1F22-1766-00000368B30BF49F.jpg

The Dragon itself comes in four 'main' pieces, plus the wings - main body, shoulders and head/neck and the tail. The picture above has the shoulders attached to the main body. There are two lugs that the main piece of the throne goes in, and the throne is also in two pieces, pictured above. Elspeth von Draken herself comes in two parts - the main body, etc, and the arm with the scythe.

Hope this helps!

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
That's really great, thanks for the pictures. I don't suppose they sell her separately, that'd be awesome. I'm trying to think of a way to make one version compatible with both VC and Empire, but I don't think it'll work :(

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Shadespyre, it can be done, just use your imagination, my friend. Try painting her with a pale complexion but without blood on her lips or vampiric, red eyes. Give the dragon a basic black look without making it look rotting or decayed and it should work.

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Seneschal said:
Shadespyre, it can be done, just use your imagination, my friend. Try painting her with a pale complexion but without blood on her lips or vampiric, red eyes. Give the dragon a basic black look without making it look rotting or decayed and it should work.

Actually I read her description on the Forgeworld site - appearing as a spectre of death all dressed in black! That's pretty damned vampiric! And no way would I be carving up such an expensive model to zombify the dragon anyway. I might ask for one for Christmas or something...

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Well, she's a Amethyst wizard, drawing on the winds of Shyish. Not a necromancer, but avoided more than even other wizards. So, she could easily be painted up to be both :)

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Yeah, what Malochai said. She's an Empire wizard to begin with so it works. Deathmancers aren't trusted all that much by the imperial army because of their sinister appearance and the magic they practice so it could definitely work out.

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
So, as it happens, I kinda went and bought one. I didn't mean to, but I saw it on ebay and accidentally won it! In my defence, it was about £20 cheaper than buying it from Forgeworld, so I couldn't just leave it there...

Consider my budget for this army torn up! I'll have to redress the balance by selling something OOP and valuable I suppose :(

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Duke Danse Macabre said:
You will love the model though so I am sure you will manage to struggle on. ;)

Well, my second hand dragon arrived from Germany, intact except for a few spines (which are all loose in the packaging) so phew!

It is pretty awesome. I can see why people buy one and then just end up staring at it scared to pick up a paint brush. Mine is going in a sturdy box and will be put away until I've sorted out my colour palette on lesser miniatures...

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Sep 12, 2011
I love the model and will try to get my hands on at one point. But it will be far out in the future as I don't have the money, the skill or the armylist to support it at the moment! One day though..! :)

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Well, I haven't painted or assembled it or anything, but I have managed to ebay enough old stuff to pay for it!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu