• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Frenzy and Impact Hits

Humaneater

Black Knight
Hi there, bought myself a new WoC chariot the other day and wondering if Frenzy gives me an extra impact hit. Can't find anything to say I won't, and realistically they'd be charging even more madly than a non-frenzied WoC on a chariot, but it seems a bit OP and not compliant with what I've seen before. Might be a common sense issue, but common sense goes both ways on this one for me.

Thanks in advance.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
I don't think you would, Frenzy gives an extra attack, but Impacted hits arn't related to the number of attacks it has.

Well that's my view anyway, might be wrong.

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Indeed, if you read carefully it is stated that Chariots causes D6 hits, it does not use attacks in the conventional way. :)

Grish

Liche
True Blood
It does give Frenzy to the whole model, so all mounts pulling the chariot and extra riders (if any) would gain Frenzy.

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Which, in the case of Chaos Chariots, can make quite a big difference. That's 2 extra S4 attacks from the steeds and another 2 S5 WS5 attacks from the crew. :D

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
I would like to point out that the Chaos Chariot has scythes, so does D6 +1 impact hits anyway.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Just had a quick look at the chariot, does it say anywhere that the horses can't also wield halberds?

I know this is obviously not intended to be used like this (and I would suggest noone to try) but on purely RAW and hyporthetically...can it be done?

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
I welcome you to try with people in real games... and please videotape the result and post it on here :thumbsup:

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Um... I severely doubt. It does say in the BRB that Halberds require two hands, and seeing as how horses don't actually have hands, well...

Grish

Liche
True Blood
It says in the unit section what weapon options the unit has, and at what cost.

I have never read this section but I can guarantee you Halberds are not an upgrade option for Horses, nor do they come with them by default.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Count Flapula said:
I welcome you to try with people in real games... and please videotape the result and post it on here :thumbsup:
I tried to make it clear I wouldn't ever try...It is obviously very unsporting.

I only asked because I was wondering, and I don't think there's a lot against it rule wise...Common sense wise on the other hand... though some people who play just to win at all costs seem to lack Common sense when it comes to the rules.

Grish said:
It says in the unit section what weapon options the unit has, and at what cost.

I have never read this section but I can guarantee you Halberds are not an upgrade option for Horses, nor do they come with them by default.
In the chaos book, the unit entry has Halberds under equipment for the whole model (it doesn't say who has them) which lead to my purely hyporthetical wondering.

I think I've manged to stray quite away off topic with this...my appologies.

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
It's a funny one, don't worry about bringing anything up, even if it seems silly to us all- I always love such concrete examples of why RAW doesn't work. Another one is that all members of a unit are required to use the same weapons in close combat- which would mean if the horses don't have halberds, then the entire unit must choose to fight with hand weapons. This also applies to cavalry! Fortunately, no-one is that crazy to insist it be played that way. Although I did get a similar question included on the official Lizardmen FAQ as to whether mixed Skink/Kroxigor units had to all choose to use the same weapons, for fun :vampire2:

Humaneater

Black Knight
Hmm the horse and rider one is a wierd one, but I'm guessing the mixed units thing works more like characters joining units.