• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Finally! Someone older than me! xD The legend that is @Mr Saturday, always love your models and this is no exception! What range is it from?

Just everything about it is superb, the realistic-looking bone, rusty cleaver and armour. Great work. Don't suppose I could somehow convince you to tell us or write a tutorial on how you achieve those?

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 28, 2007
Galway
Hello! It's fun to be back. It's from Macrocosm Miniatures, though I've added armour to the arms and shoulder, as well as the vulture.

The bone is Foundry Boneyerd 9A, Agrax Earthshade, then layered with 9A and then Boneyard 9B and then 9C. Maybe a recess wash of GW Skeleton Horder contrast if needs be. The metal is GW Chainmail or Ironbreaker, Nuln oil wash, then a wash of 50:50 Mechrire Red: Lahmian Medium, then a wash of 50:50 Macharius Solar Orange:Lahmian Medium for fresher rust. Drybrush with GW Stormhost Silver. Finally blend some Typhus Corrosion into recesses here and there to represent filth, corrosion and grime.

Reactions: The Sun King

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Cheers! We've been speaking about seeing if there's any interest in a another Golden Bat in the near future, I reckon your models should certainly be entered!

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 28, 2007
Galway
I'd love to enter. I'm just wrapping up an undead pirate crew for Ghost Archipelago at the moment.

Here's another recent addition, Morglug the Oblivious.

Undead_05.jpg

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
He suits his name, he does look rather happy and oblivious with his unlife! I would very much like to see this pirate crew 😁

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I can't figure out which one I like the most... 🤔 I'm really liking the captain, but then the one stood behind with the beard and the staff just looks epic, and the one far right almost looks like he has a mermaid pose!🤣

Cracking work as usual Mr Saturday, look forward to the whaler and the drowned ogre

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu