• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

From the grave of Warhammer I rise once more...

AJR

Zombie
Hey there,

Long time Warhammer players. Arrived to witness the death of 5th edition - played on and off every edition since. I had a small undead army back in 6th ed. but had to abandon it do to time and price.

During the first mantic kickstarter I backed for a huge amount of plastic undead that have since sat moldering in my basement for several years. Having recently discovered a small pocket of fresh blood in my city - some players still playing 8th ed and 9th age - I decided it was time to finally unearth the horde of undead.

Cheers,

~ AJR

Dragonet

Wight King
Welcome AJR! There's still a lot of love for rank and file Fantasy here, and so much hobby to enjoy. Are they glued together?

AJR

Zombie
Thanks! No nothing is glued together yet! :-O
Once I get my basic list sorted out I'm going to have one crazy modelling blitz and do it all in one go.

Dragonet

Wight King
Wow, you've got some fun times ahead! My progress is abysmally slow because I clean all the sprue lines off the individual sections before glueing, do you have a strategy for eating that elephant? I know the Dying To Help and Necrarch Workshop sections are packed full of useful info.

AJR

Zombie
Wow, you've got some fun times ahead! My progress is abysmally slow because I clean all the sprue lines off the individual sections before glueing, do you have a strategy for eating that elephant? I know the Dying To Help and Necrarch Workshop sections are packed full of useful info.
In my youth I would be very meticulous about cleaning mold lines. As I get older though I've learned to not be too worried about minor imperfections - especially in a unit like zombies/goblins/skeletons etc - cheap fodder that's packed together by the dozens. I save my time and energy for characters and big monsters and sometimes will spend some extra time to clean and paint the front rank to a higher standard.