• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

eatU4myT

Skeleton
Feb 8, 2022
Played a quick game over TTS last night against a friend who has his shiny new Nighthaunt book and is excited to use it...!

We only had a short time to play, so I took a fairly silly list - Avengorii, 4xVLoZD and 3x10 Skeletons!

I lost, by roughly 21 - 17, we "talked through" the last couple of turns as we were out of time and it was fairly obvious how things would progress. We played the scenario with "predator" units, forget it's name, and I missed a chance to score big in turn 3. There was a Mournghul on 3 wounds remaining, and I called Bring it Down. Shot at and charged into it with a VLoZD on full health, with Finest Hour, and caused... 1 wound... I remembered how surprisingly un-threatening Zombie Dragons can be! I missed out on 2pts for battle tactic, 1pt for battle tactic with a monster, 1pt for killing a monster, and 1pt for killing a predator with a predator. Could have swung the game!

On the other hand, I also rememberd how tough VLoZDs can be when they aren't facing off against mortal wounds. One of mine faced off against 20 harridans, 2 Mournghuls and a Knight of Shrouds, and only died in the 3rd combat phase! A combo of finest hours, mystic shields and all out defences meant I was mostly rolling 2+ saves against everything!

eatU4myT

Skeleton
Feb 8, 2022
Sadly not, it was just a Table Top Simulator game. I could check if my opponent took any screen shots, he sometimes does! Not as good as the real thing though.

There was one proper monster mash combat in turn 4, with 2 mournghul and 2 VLoZD, lots of roaring and titanic dueling...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu