• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Oppenheimer

Varghulf
May 26, 2013
Ah, that makes sense though, command traits only buff the general's aura not any part of the ability that extends to the heroes in the rest of the army. That's why they're called command traits.

I noticed that they did the missing miner's points. But, it made me realize that we're missing Krell and also missing the battalion for Neferata in the Balance of Power book and any of the start collecting pack battalions.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Sounds reasonable. Still probably the strongest command trait, though it's a bit closer call, now.

Demian

Vampire Count
Oct 28, 2011
I didn't want to fall in love with that command trait for a reason... and now it is presented =(

hehe, it's still an excellent command trait though, and it makes more sense now.

Another thing I noticed is that, when you're establishing your allegiance, you need not forfeit your Alliance's command traits and artifacts when you want to build Soublight, Flesh-Eaters, etc... you can just choose which will you use, so long as you fulfill all the criteria to do so!

Interesting as this raises Black Knights to be overall better than Horsemen. Not by much, but at least you can take them guilt free hehe.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Another thing I noticed is that, when you're establishing your allegiance, you need not forfeit your Alliance's command traits and artifacts when you want to build Soublight, Flesh-Eaters, etc... you can just choose which will you use, so long as you fulfill all the criteria to do so!

That's a major thing half buried in the answer to a somewhat unrelated question, I didn't even notice it at first. Definitely makes, say, blood knight based soulblight armies more worth considering.

Interesting as this raises Black Knights to be overall better than Horsemen. Not by much, but at least you can take them guilt free hehe.

Well, I mean, deathrattle still has no native casters. Even if it is our most fleshed-out faction, I still wouldn't really consider a pure deathrattle army to be a worthwhile trade there. Especially with skeletal chariots doing basically the same jobs, only much better, for only 20 points more a batch, and they're deathrattle regardless.

Aranei

Ghoul
Oct 22, 2014
St. Petersburg
Also
" Q: Sometimes it is possible to ‘summon’ pieces of scenery to a
battle. As these scenery warscrolls do not have points, can they
be summoned in Pitched Battle games?
A: Yes, and they will not cost any reinforcement points."

Does that mean free Balewind Vortices for everyone?

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Yes, thats what that means, assuming you have any, or any passable substitute.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
I know the last response on here was months ago, but speaking of Sylvaneth... The FAQ says that if the warscroll has the keyword, then it counts as having that allegiance. The treekin models aren't listed in the General's handbook as being Sylvaneth, rather, they are listed in Wood Elves Compendium even though the warscroll has the Sylvaneth keyword. Does that mean that an otherwise Sylvaneth army which contains Treekin could still qualify as having the Sylvaneth allegiance? This same question would apply to TK models that have the Deathrattle keyword.

Aranei

Ghoul
Oct 22, 2014
St. Petersburg
I know the last response on here was months ago, but speaking of Sylvaneth... The FAQ says that if the warscroll has the keyword, then it counts as having that allegiance. The treekin models aren't listed in the General's handbook as being Sylvaneth, rather, they are listed in Wood Elves Compendium even though the warscroll has the Sylvaneth keyword. Does that mean that an otherwise Sylvaneth army which contains Treekin could still qualify as having the Sylvaneth allegiance? This same question would apply to TK models that have the Deathrattle keyword.

I would answer "yes" to both questions. Allegince is determined by keywords, not GH sections. At least I understand it that way. If in a future release there will be new units for existing factions (Stormcast Knight Veritor anyone?), they will not be in the GH, but will have the allegiance due to having keywords.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu