• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
New reboot - new discussion thread! xd

As usual this is to discuss all Out Of Character things, basically off topic. This is also the section where new bios etc are approved.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Everyone, please feel free to start posting up your bios for the reboot, new or otherwise. You can of course wait until you have posted in 4 or 5 if you are wanting something unusual to happen to your character :innocent:

Characters will have to be approved as normal (no doubt our new GM's will be straight in there). GM's - any amendments to your characters will be reviewed by me so all is fair xd

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
I have never done RP, but would like to get started. Is this available to everyone? If so, how would one create a bio?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Yep this RP is available to everyone.

Have you read the Guidelines section? That gives a really good idea on what to expect, then if you read the bio section that details what information you need to give to sign up. Bear in mind that the TVC is different from other roleplays, as we encourage people to try and think of a good sideplot / story arc for their characters, which I then try and weave in with the main plot so it all works together.

Don't worry, we've all been new once and you will get plenty of help.

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
I just submitted my bio, slightly changed some things. Thinking about a potential subplot with Igor, but I have to continue to think it through.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I meant to get involved in this before now, but failed abysmally. I think that it's time that I gave it another shot though. I've read through DoN's summary of what has happened, so now I just need to come up with a decent character. This may take quite a bit of thought.

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
So unless there is some really weird misunderstanding that I'm having, I am needing to post Kavok again in the new signup thread. And after my initial impulse to just copy over the old post that I had to the new thread, I realize that I'd likely need to change some things given his current shift in... perspective... So I guess that will delay moving my character over for a little bit.

... And I should probably find an avatar already...

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Sorry everyone, bit of a hectic day plus trying to get over a stubborn chest infection!

I will be posting in chapters 4 & 5 tomorrow, so get ready!

@The Archivist - ideally yes I could do with them being submitted but if needs be we can discuss via PM. We're in no rush anyway at the moment.

@Irisado - Now is a great time to join, I'm sure you will find it enjoyable.

@The Dread King - yes that would be very helpful, thanks :thumbsup:

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Because we need to make it exciting! There needs to be tension and fighting whilst Nehkilor struggles to open the portal. Drama! Suspense! Death-defying heroics! It's all here in the TVC II!

@Ghouly - hope you didn't mind me RP'ing Graveclaw a little, just needed to advance the story.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
No @Disciple of Nagash! You can't go to bed now, not when we're so tantalizingly close! God, you're such a tease.

On a more serious note, how long will we have to post? I won't be around tomorrow.

Edit: Just in case you'd forgotten, now might be a good time to send out those e-mails to previous participants who have become inactive on the forums.

Last edited:

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
Because we need to make it exciting! There needs to be tension and fighting whilst Nehkilor struggles to open the portal. Drama! Suspense! Death-defying heroics! It's all here in the TVC II!

@Ghouly - hope you didn't mind me RP'ing Graveclaw a little, just needed to advance the story.
I didn't mind you Rping Graveclaw

and I only mentioned the tunnel, because us running for our lives across the wastes while an entire horde of Chaos Warriors is casing us in a running battle sounds more survivable

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
A question regarding generations. This is an area of vampire background that I'm very weak on. The way I understand it is that a generation is a step away from the first vampire. When DoN refers to 3rd generation or younger, therefore, does that mean a higher number? In other words, is fourth generation younger than third?

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
A question regarding generations. This is an area of vampire background that I'm very weak on. The way I understand it is that a generation is a step away from the first vampire. When DoN refers to 3rd generation or younger, therefore, does that mean a higher number? In other words, is fourth generation younger than third?

Precisely - the "4th generation" literally means the 4th generation chronologically

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Does our first character have to be a vampire? I read about using the other races and having multiple characters, but that was for more experienced players. But what about starting there? I think that I have a really good side-plot in mind, but I won't mention it here. If it can be outside VC, do we just follow the same format where applicable?

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Does our first character have to be a vampire? I read about using the other races and having multiple characters, but that was for more experienced players. But what about starting there? I think that I have a really good side-plot in mind, but I won't mention it here. If it can be outside VC, do we just follow the same format where applicable?

Your character can be anything you like (within reason) - for example, my first one was (and is) a human assassin, and @Kavok plays a Bretonnian knight of all things! And yes, use the same character format whatever you do. As for the side plot, I believe the first post in the sign up thread has a downloadable file with which to set it out, and then send it on to Disciple.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu