• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Dethail

Ghoul
Jan 17, 2008
Comments and suggestions welcome

Ok so I have done a lot of play testing with this list and done really well. I am dependant on magic, so I could have problems with a really dispell heavy army. I have put practice game in against, O&G, Dark Elf, Ogres, Wood Elf, Dwarfs. I droped killing blow from my vamp and spent the points giving him thr Book of Arkon to streagnthen my magic phase.

Count Dethail
BD count lvl2 upgrade
great weapon, Shield, Book of Arkon, Red Furry, Obsidian Amulate

Sir Delrose
BD BsB
Heavy armour, Barded Nightmare, Cursed book

Mortis Blackhand
Necro lvl 2 upgrade
Staff of Damnation

Shlyish Dethail
Necro lvl 2 upgrade
Black Periapt, Scroll

Skeletons x14
Full cmd, light armour. to small i know, hope for IoN early. Using lost leigon comander as champ-painting points

Zombies x10
You guessed it necros live here

Ghouls x8
utility, thats all

Dire wolves x8
I used to run to grourps of five but they where a little soft in playtesting against several armies, so I droped one unit and made the other bigger

Dethail's Royal Guard
Grave guard x24
Musician, standard, Shield, Banner of doom, Droped war banner for this one due to numerous war machine and other ranged hits

Dethail's Fist
Black Knights x9
Full cmd, barding, Baner of barrows, Normal home for BSB

Blood Rain= Fell bats x5
Increased from 4

Zalrasha Banshee

Gorbad = giant
love the model after conzershion he looks like a giant zombie carring his own arm.

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
That's quite a lot of stuff, 2250 points? I think it should work well enough. Most don't like the Obsidian Amulet, but your Vamp should be fine against most mundane attacks, plus it's great having MR1 against so many powerfu armies, like Empire and their War Altars.

Dethail

Ghoul
Jan 17, 2008
Ok back from the tournement. Here's the quick run down

Game 1 Goblin horde with 4 shamans. the guy had like thirty fanatics. summoned zombies far out and drew them early they did more damage to him than to me. Once they got close his low ld did him in the whole army essetially routed. Massacre for me 17-5.

Game 2 Skaven :devil: every dirty thing Ihave ever heard about the horned rat worshiper is true dirty b##$%$#. Any ways he avoided mey general and shot my units to death. Major loss 6-16

Game 3 Beasts of chaos; another army I have never faced. All of his models where converted orcs/ogres. He had like 3 minitor units. Some flyionjg deamon unit. dragon ogres. 3 chariots. Ok so we where in close combat by turn two. Basically my giant rocked his leadership sucked, and he wasn't able to do enough damage to get rid of my skellies.

Highlight of the game for me was when wis generals unit charged my skellie and after combat res killed all but 4 out of like 20. I charged in my grave guard who had been held back just enough to fource him to charge the skellies first. Anyways I charged in my grave guard with my general and declared a challenge that he accepted with his general who was some kind of monster with 5 wounds and nasty stats. But before close combat I was able to raise my skellies back up to about 25. Durring the challenge I killed his general outright in the first turn. He was shocked don't think he had ever fought a Blood Dragon :D apperently he had some item that worked like a blood drinker but he bever got the chance to use it. Long story short he brooke I ran him down with the skellie, esetially game over.

Massacar for me 16-5

ok so I ended up 7th overall and I believe tied for 4th if you only looked at battle points

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Nice one! Killing a Dombull before he gets a chance to break out the Slaughterer's Blade, very well done there :)

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
I can't wait for Hatred/Red Fury/ Lance (or sword of might or something similar) on a Count. Talk about a beat down on the charge. Combine it with the Night Shroud... yikes.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu