• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Good Wight King models from GW range

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Ok so I want a few wight kings for my VC army tht dnt carry a battle standard and im not sure which models to purchase the theme im going for with my VC army is post SoC led by Mannfred so I was thinking heroes from the WoC range since my blood knights are converted chaos knights but at the same time i also want some WK's to fit in with an army based around vlad, or konrad

What are peoples suggestions
Thanks

duck83

Skeleton
And along Krell most old foot wights, those can be found on ebay. There's lack of any choices in the mounted range though. But the only current mounted model is my favourite wight mini anyway.

On the other hand you could convert your wight kings, old undead minis are good for that. Heavy armoured skeletons if got their halberds swapped for anything else might be ok. I have actually one foot wight king made of their champion, which is nice by itself, except it's big skull. And that might be swapped either. It's not finished but I'll throw some one year ongoing wip pics in a min.

duck83

Skeleton
promised pics

View attachment ai54.tinypic.com_2qvxikl.jpg
this is the one I was writing earlier

this is old 90's quest game mini

this one is old skeleton musican - weapon hand swapped and the horn handling arm swapped for the one form 2008 skeletons, being a shield arm now

this one is also form the armoured skeletons. It's a standard bearer, but got it's standard removed with whold hand and forearm and a sword added, plastic one. Additionally his skull got changed for the plastic one, same as with the first wight king, on the first pic.

Enjoy. Hope I don't reck the rules puting those pics here.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
The best wight king mini isnt a wight king, hes a chaos champion!

i converted all of my wight kings (all being two). both are BSBs, one on foot, one mounted. i had the old style skelletons (seeing as i made the models from nothing i had to steal a set of legs somewhere), so using parts from the skeleton kit, the GG kit and weapons from the chaos knights, i was able to make some cool wights. in my case though, maybe the weapons are a lil too boss for a puny skelly to hold, but hey, atleast they look epic - and like a character instead of a random troop!

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
Sanai beat me to it. That model will be mine when i can be bothered to getting round t ordering it.

duck83

Skeleton
The Chaos mini is short. A skeleton will look a head above that chaos wight king. That's why I think old undead minis are better. Those from 90's were exceptionaly big.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
No he isnt duck, all I have left of that chaos mini is the lower half (after I dismebered him) (the robey bit) and that robey bit comes up to a skeletons shoulders. So the chaos champion is definatly not short, his waist comes up to a skellies shoulders.

edit: you may think he looks short because of the base he is on in that picture. Remember that that base is a chaos warrior size base, so that might be what is messing with your perspective of his scale.

duck83

Skeleton
Well, sorry there, I really was misjudged by the base even though I knew it't chaos warrior based. I know it sounds odd but I really was totally sure this mini is short. It's old, from the 80's and those mini are mainly short. While looking at 80's skeleton minis, those are half the tallness of current ones.

N.I.B

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sanai said:
The best wight king mini isnt a wight king, hes a chaos champion!
That's the mini I use for my Vampire Lord on foot. I replaced the head with Zacharias the Everliving's head, cut off the pointing hand, turned it palm up so it looks like he's beckoning, and put it back on. Really pleased with it. And no, he's not short at all - he's taller than the GW vampire minis.

Burnanation

Crypt Horror
I'm really glad to see that people have picked up on the WoC. There's only one small chaos rune on the bag that he has.

and then a converted Chaos warrior.