• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Currently reading it, and, I have to confess, having quite mixed feelings on the subject.

First, it's really that small - 90 pages compared to practically 300 of the two other books? Well, yes, it's only about Nagash and his forces instead of the great armies of Chaos and Order. But...

Second, it could be better, but where are the tomb kings? They are gone.

Third, the books is still an "alliance book" - all the fluff is small and restrained. A bit of this, a bit of that. They are going to write more if they are to make a battletome!

Fourth and so on - that said, the information is much needed and we have now nothing else. The fluff is still too abstract and general, but it's something at least. Plus some specific bits like what Neferata is and was up to, blood army of the vampire lord Harrowgheist (I hate this GW-style names, but still), Legion of Cold Iron... Not that bad for a start. Also interesting and quite refreshing to split all the undead into different sub-factions, although they are mostly small, but it's overall now. More field for development of all the undead, from the wight kings and vampires to skeletons and specters, and this I find also good.

What do you think?

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
I am quite peeved but I am honestly not surprised given what's happened in the last year. Very little effort went into the making of the book and it's very telling. I read a friend of a friend's copy and I am absolutely not buying it.

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
I actually quite liked it. Sure I would've liked some archers and the Catapult retained, but the book feels quite like the old Undead book of bygone days.

Reactions: Oppenheimer

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
'BattletomeS'. Plural. Battletomes are books for individual minifactions, which are part of the encompassing grand alliances. 'Death' is a grand alliance, battletomes would be more narrow. Battletome: deathrattle, Battletome: soulblight, etc.

Mnemloch

Ghoul
Feb 17, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Yea but Battletomes can release new units too. It is a shame they did a GAoD before any Battletomes, but I think they wanted to play with the paperback in AoS.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu