• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Oppenheimer

Varghulf
May 26, 2013
My first set of Grave Guard were 12 metal ones I found at a local hobby shop. They held their swords in one hand and came with a shield so I figured that they were supposed to be sword and shield. It wasn't until I bought a set of 10 plastic grave guard that I realize they have a great weapon option. But I figured it was too late and gave those 10 sword and shield as well.

I have them assembled and painted but now I'm wondering if I made a mistake giving them sword and shield.

Is there any use in having 22 sword and shield GG? I also have 10 black knights. Should I just stick to them instead or should I take apart the 22 and turn them into great weapon wielders? What do you suggest?

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Hello there

They have their uses, just try to get them to go up against the right targets. For example, if facing Empire, line them up with a block of empire knights so your KB will work on them (it wouldn't if you were fighting Demigryph Knights for example). So use your chaff drops to win the deployment war and line up your troops as needed.
I prefer GW GG but HW+S is viable although it may be a wee bit tougher to work with given that the current environment has so many 1+ armor save units.
Try them out for now and see how you feel about them.

Bounce

Varghulf
May 3, 2012
Sword and shield can work.
Not as killy but they do survive a bit better.
Also I have noticed comp systems look a lot more unfavourably at GW wielding grave guard.

Lord Klobuk

Ghoul
Sep 17, 2011
As Seneschal said they work great against knights(though not chaos knights) and can be good against light-medium infantry.Keep em away from Monsters because one Hydra will really ruin their day.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu