• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Graveyard Terrain Tutorial

That's fantastic. I have been mulling around building either a pyramid or tearing the skulls off of the bottom of the Magewrath Throne and using those for a catwalk or something and now I know what tools I need.

Borgnine

Staff member
You made it look rather surprisingly easy :) I always considered such terrain pieces impossible, but this seems manageable - if I ever get to making terrain, I want it to look just like yours!

I am also very inspired! Lately all my games have been at the local store or at mates' houses; I've thought of limiting my terrain collection to a 'home pitch' that'll allow me to heavily theme it. I have the best part of two Gardens Of Morr, some grave stones and some old Hero Quest tombs so I'll look forward to adding to those.

Any tips on where to buy foam? I'm in Canada so we might not have the same franchises but there's a craft store near here that is charging $30 or so for each smallish sheet of the stuff. You can buy actual drywall or wood for a third the price.

Any tips on where to buy foam? I'm in Canada so we might not have the same franchises but there's a craft store near here that is charging $30 or so for each smallish sheet of the stuff. You can buy actual drywall or wood for a third the price.
Home Depot or Lowes should have the insulation foam if they have those chain stores in Canada. Otherwise look up Owens Corning Fomular Insulation Foam Boards and see if local DIY stores carry them.