• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Greetings brothers

Pleased to make my acquaintance with you all. I am in my 20s and looking at trying to start an army. I'd like an idea on how to go about this. Bearing In mind that I am playing in a 9th age group.

I am steering more towards an infantry based theme as I find this to be the most appealing playstyle to me.
My opponents include a heavily cavalry-oriented bretonian force, ogres and a skaven force.

Borgnine

Staff member
Well, welcome to the forums! Late greetings are better than no greetings ;)

There are some 9th Age-oriented people here and you can find them in the Legacy Warhammer: To War! section. On Teachings of Abhorash you can find general tactical discussion and Legions of the Damned have all the various army lists - those two can help you the most in finding what should you build to make your force effective. Other forums will be useful as well. Read around a bit ask away any questions that may arise, the bunch here is pretty friendly xD

Well, welcome to the forums! Late greetings are better than no greetings ;)

There are some 9th Age-oriented people here and you can find them in the Legacy Warhammer: To War! section. On Teachings of Abhorash you can find general tactical discussion and Legions of the Damned have all the various army lists - those two can help you the most in finding what should you build to make your force effective. Other forums will be useful as well. Read around a bit ask away any questions that may arise, the bunch here is pretty friendly xD

Thankyou Borgnine, your response is most appreciated.
I will use it to refer back to and guide myself.
I look forward to more of Carpe Noctem's offerings, but in the meantime I will look into these particular forums.