• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Greetings from Belgium

Hello everyone,

I've recently been looking to find my way back into the hobby and what better place to start here!

Most of my experience with miniatures comes from playing LOTR when i was around the age of 12 - 14.
Several years ago, a friend got me into playing WHFB and i fell in love with the game / hobby. Despite being the casuals that we were, we always tried to make the most competitive lists possible. As my very first army, the struggle was real for a beginning VC player against chaos warriors, skaven, high elves and (chaos) dwarves.

Sadly, our group grew apart and meetings became scarce. So a few of us, not convinced of End Times and early AoS (without the points per model), took up on Mordheim and Triumph & Treachery.

Alas, it has been over a year since my last session, but i'm looking forward towards learning and re-igniting my love for the hobby.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey

Welcome to Carpe Noctem!

I am in a group similar to the one you were in several years ago. (I also have a huge chaos dwarf problem) We are also quite casual as we play a heavily modified AoS with a bunch of house rules.

If you have any questions to ask or things to discuss, be sure to check out all the different sub forums.

Wlcome aboard!
AoS has been greatly improved since its first steps... so yeah, it's definitely worth a try.

Is there any gaming shop near you? that would be the first place to start searching for new gaming friends...