• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Grot Scuttlings

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
I almost fell off my chair when I first saw these:
proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.games-workshop.com%2Fresources%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2F600x620%2F60010799002_WHQSilverTowerENG07.jpg&hash=89fb1135409aa3686e1ad887049981ea

It's been a long time since GW release something so fugly as these. At the same time I can't help but loving their silliness. I dare someone to make a unit of skirmishing forest goblins out of these xD

Also, Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower is out, which looks pretty cool.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
When I saw them I thought I was seeing double ;) I think they are cool. They mixed forest goblin spider theme with night goblin clothes and they could have them 8 legs/hands as real spiders have, but still, they are a fine addition - not everything has to be so serious all the time xD

Rest of the minis for the game are also very nice. Shame there isn't even a single thing to be used for the undead. There was a rumor about a giant bat, but that didn't turn out to be true, sadly.

Oppenheimer

Crypt Horror
Yeah, I hope they release actual models for them that aren't just in the new Warhammer Quest game. I expect they will do something like that for all the different races represented in the boardgame.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Aye, the Tower is just amazing, with the classical D&D party plus pure WH. Wonderful. But I agree it's a pity there are no Undead, that would have been also nice.

Oppenheimer

Crypt Horror
Dungeon Saga, made by Mantic is a nice throw back to Hero Quest that features undead prominently. I like it better than Warhammer Quest overall.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
:)

Mod Edit: Files removed as it was copyrighted material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
@Menkeroth: Please refrain from posting scans of copyrighted material. I have removed the images from your post.

Last edited:

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
GROT SCUTTLINGS

Grot Scuttlings are a degenerate offshoot of the tribal grots,their diminutive and rangy forms warped to match their new existence in the forgotten corners of the Silver Tower.They survive in the dank depths of the Gaunt Summoner’s puzzle-palace by catching the incautious with vile poisons and tricksy webs, fleeing into the cracks and shadows whenever a fight isn’t in their favour,forever avoiding the attentions of the more dangerous (and inedible) inhabitants of the Silver Tower.However,with numbers on their side,Grot Scuttlings are more than a match for any party of adventurers who stumble into their lairs.