• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 30, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just a suggestion but i feel that it might be a good idea to have a catologue of websites (with link) that sell alternative miniatures to those of Games Workshop

I'll start
- www.gamezoneminiatures.de
- www.arena-deathmatch.com
- www.custommademinis.com

S'tan

Skeleton
Oct 1, 2008
Warmachine
Hordes

Warmachine is more steampunk oriented so may not be as suitable, but some hordes thingies are great. Also, the game itself is superawesome and in my humble opinion much better then fantasy and 40k, but I'll stop the advertising there.

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 30, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk
seems like your capable of purchasing miniatures from other websites from there, so worth taking a look

www.guildofharmony.com
Heres another but I think miniatures are 30mm rather than 28 but still some good stuff

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Would anyone here happen to know the general scale and size of Privateer Presses' Iron Kingdoms line? I've found quite an interesting miniature on their site which I might purchase if it'll fit in size-wise. :)

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
I've got some minis here I can show you for comparison, but in general they're bigger I'm afraid. Privateer Press is amazing, but just a wee large.

For example, my Cryxian Mech Thralls are herculean compared to my skellies, but my Pistol Wraith is on par with my Grave Guard. =/ Which model in particular were you looking at?

Reactions: Dragonet

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Miniatures Page

Roughly halfway down the page you'll see a miniature named "Tomb Maiden", that's the one I'm interested in. If it turns out to be a little bit taller than your regular Warhammer soldier that's all right, as long as the limb and body proportions aren't way off..

Thanks for helping me out, by the way. :)

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
I actually have no experience with that mini. It must've come out after I was, unfortunately, forced to stop playing Warmachine due to lack of players. She looks really tall, so you'd definitely have a height difference, but the proportions on PP minis are some of the most accurate I've seen.

Croes Cutthroats being some of my favorites. I love those models. I say go for it, it's always a start toa Necron Pariah if you can't fit her in Fantasy style. :D

Servius

Skeleton
Apr 27, 2009
Im really looking to find an alternative to tomb kings.. I would love a different look to it as well.. Like Persians or the like.. I havent found much of anything as yet though sadly.

Kaptain Von

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2008
United Kingdom
Von's latest trawlings have yielded further good things: Pendraken do a decent and very cheap range of 15mm minis for the discerning Warmaster player (Kallistra aren't bad for humans in that scale, although their 28mm stuff is rubbish), and it might be worth taking a look at Ramshackle when their store decides to work again.

ledfloyd

Zombie
Apr 15, 2009
MasterSpark said:
Would anyone here happen to know the general scale and size of Privateer Presses' Iron Kingdoms line? I've found quite an interesting miniature on their site which I might purchase if it'll fit in size-wise. :)

Warmachine/Hordes are 30mm scale.

this might make an interesting Blood Knight mount

Ecce Homo

Zombie
Jul 13, 2009
I see a flaw! Atleast from a personal perspective.

I like my gamesworkshop miniatures, as they have a different feel to it. And from my point of view, are the best miniatures out there. (Although I like the Gamezone ones, but they're made my old GW people anyway)

I want my miniatures to match the rest of my army. I have a cousin who is all crazy about alternative miniatures, and to me it seems that he just wants them, so that he may be different. It seems strange to me to want to be different, just to be different with no feel to it.

That's my points of view!

Lucifer_Drake

Zombie
Feb 6, 2010
count oak said:
reaper are the most promising alternative in my opinion
lovely miniatures

I concur with Count Oak..reaper is a great alternative to GW especially for Vampire & undead minis. I play Warlord (Dwarves) & have to say the minis are sweet. I plan on building a Vampire Warband for mordheim using reaper minis. Just wish reaper had a kaven like ratling line of minis.

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
Indeed, Reaper produces many excellent models. Many of my character models are Reaper miniatures due to their superior price and detail, and I play Dungeons and Dragons very often with Reaper figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu