• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Hail friends!

Finally decided to bite the bullet and take the plunge to join up! I know I'm late for the heyday of Carpe Noctem, but seclusion away from the prying eyes of the mortal realm has never been that much of a problem for our sorts anyway, right? ;)

I am an aspiring WHFB player, a close friend of mine having eventually gotten me to give the game a go after years of reading the fluff. I settled on Vampire Counts, both for my love of the tragic allure of their leaders and, admittedly, because it's much easier to find third party skeletons and zombies than many of the other, more proprietary armies of the Old World. Mostly wanting to focus on 6th and 8th edition, though I also have the rule sets for 5th and 4th ed. Not a fan of AoS, but if that's your jam it's all good.

So I've been in the process of assembling an Empire-aligned Blood Dragons force, based out of the Wasteland/Westerland, that can flex to be on the side of good or evil as the table necessitates. Got a decent sized pile of shame, started batch painting last night - hopefully sharing my work, fluff and paint, will help keep my motivation up to drive the greed of Marienburg from Westerland forever!

Looking forward to swapping stories, tips, tricks, and good times with all.

Welcome aboard!
I applaud your decision to go for a blood dragon force. Blood knights are kinda pricey ( both in terms of money and points) but they are a very strong unit.

For any question you may have, feel free to ask ;)

My thanks for the warm welcome, Unas!

Oh God don't remind me, haha! I'm looking at kitbashing some Imperial Knights and other dudes to make my Blood Knights, because dear God I'm not gonna pay the premium some folks want for theirs. Been focusing mainly on Black Knights for my cavalry of late, but I want about ten Blood Knights in my force.

Will do! I've no doubt I'll have lots coming.

Yeah I'd have to check my pile of shame again, I think I've got twenty but I could be wrong. Wanting to save them for when I may not butcher them as I am with some of my earlier projects lol

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Welcome to the forum :). I hope that you enjoy participating in the discussions here. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.