• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

HE 1000 pts

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Noble
Barded Steed
Dragon Armor
Shield
10 pt magic sword

10 SH
Shields
FC

2 Skycutters
2 Tiranoc chariots in one unit

2 Bolt throwers
2 Eagles

I played this list in a 12 week campaign and did very well, losing only 2 games, one of which was against Skaven in Watchtower scenario where he only had a Doomwheel with 1 wound left, but he was nearest so won after turn 4 when the game ended.

How would you all expand this to 2k or 2200?

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
My thousand points is similar in regards to the cav and range but I use allot more Troop.

So in short, thats what you need.
A strong Caster or 2 decent ones, more troops and to beef up elsewhere on things like the HE Phoenix.

First thing you should look at though is a anvil and a caster.
I suggest Phoenix Guard, no less than 21, I like running 28 with a character 7 wide 4 deep, makes the most out of their extra ranks and with the right buffs as well you are laughing, they go nowhere.

Swaiper

Black Knight
Duke Danse Macabre said:
I suggest Phoenix Guard, no less than 21, I like running 28 with a character 7 wide 4 deep, makes the most out of their extra ranks and with the right buffs as well you are laughing, they go nowhere.
I couldnt have said it better myself. PG is my favorite unit in the HE army with SoA in close second :).

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
They are Great.

What i personally Like to run is:

26 Phoenix Guard: 390 : 410
Banner: **
Musician: **

Caradryn: *** = 580

Noble: ** : 139 = 719
BSB: **
HA: *
Merwyrm Shield: **
Ring of Kain: **

Flamspyre Phoenix: *** = 944

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower: ** = 1014

20 Sword Masters: 260 : 280 = 1294

15 Silver Helms: 305 : 355 = 1649
Shields: 30

14 Seaguard: 154 = 1803

Now this is a slight adaptation from my 2400 list.
i would normally have 20 seaguard for watch tower and shooting, a tooled up loremaster and 10 sisters of averlon.
In this the Seaguard are there mainly to fill core but personally I would take reavers but the choice of sea guard gives you more to play with for a wiazard which you need.
So my advice would be to remove the Sword Masters shaving 280 points, increase the sea guard or take 2 units of 5 reavers, take the tooled up Loremaster andmake sure he has a unit to go with to make the most out of regen and wild form, etc.
Putting him in the guard is a waste, they are already solid, you don't need them gold plated as well. ;)

The BSB obviously would go with the Guard and seeing as he has a bound high magic spell he would give the unit +1 to their ward when he casts it which is a great bonus.