• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Hexwraiths

May hexwraiths charge through units? Afterall they may through over units via soulstrider -rule.

May hexwraiths do their reforms inside unit or impassable? This would allow them to just barely go toe bye toe to enemy, instead of running through them and do their hits.
This also allows all hexies in the unit to hit smaller footprint enemies when passing through.

Demian

Vampire Count
Well, sadly Hexwraiths can't charge through Units. They are only allowed to do so in the Remaining Moves Sub-phase.

And yes, Hexwraiths can reform, wheel, etc while inside impassable terrain, so long they finish their movement in the clear.

Demian said:
Well, sadly Hexwraiths can't charge through Units. They are only allowed to do so in the Remaining Moves Sub-phase.

And yes, Hexwraiths can reform, wheel, etc while inside impassable terrain, so long they finish their movement in the clear.
surely ethereal allows you to charge through FRIENDLY units?

I can understand the rules that say you cant charge through enemy units, but if you are targeting the nearest enemy in your charge arc surely that's allowable?

Zully said:

I can understand the rules that say you cant charge through enemy units, but if you are targeting the nearest enemy in your charge arc surely that's allowable?
No, you can only pass through friendly unit in the remaining move subphase, therefore cannot charge through a friendly unit.

Nagashizzar said:
Zully said:

No, you can only pass through friendly unit in the remaining move subphase, therefore cannot charge through a friendly unit.
hmmmm oh well, there goes that idea lol (ethereal only references terrain :( boooo!)

Zully said:
Nagashizzar said:
Zully said:

hmmmm oh well, there goes that idea lol (ethereal only references terrain :( boooo!)
Yep, that really sucks, why an earth other ethereals are even forbidden to move through friendly units?

Aedin

Black Knight
Kappu said:
Zully said:
Nagashizzar said:
Zully said:

Yep, that really sucks, why an earth other ethereals are even forbidden to move through friendly units?
Because they would get slimed :slapface: ?

Sorry if you don't understand the above reference. It just probably means you were not around to remember the 80's or the ghost-busters :lol:

In any event I dont see why GW did not just give the green light on this idea I don't see how it would be any different than flying. But then again depending on who you ask ethereal is one of the most broken abilities in all of warhammer.

Aedin said:
Kappu said:
Zully said:
Nagashizzar said:
Zully said:

Because they would get slimed :slapface: ?

Sorry if you don't understand the above reference. It just probably means you were not around to remember the 80's or the ghost-busters :lol:

In any event I dont see why GW did not just give the green light on this idea I don't see how it would be any different than flying. But then again depending on who you ask ethereal is one of the most broken abilities in all of warhammer.
weirdly enough, it was on TV last night, i am a child of the 80's, i grew up on ghostbusters :tongue: